Futures trading for a prop firm

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Value_hunter, Nov 24, 2014.

1. mm2mm

mm2mm

Same situation here.
    This isn't much different from trading your 2k account, if you make it in that is. You are assumed to make it in one try, just like your real acc. Sure you might save 2k of your money if u blow up, but is it really worth your time and hassle? It's not very professional. It doesn't take a genius to tell their whole business is based on Combine fees. Hell, they make it a big deal when someone gets funded, given them an interview etc lol

#11     Nov 29, 2014
  2. xandman

xandman

Sorry, man. Your 35 and probably not from Chicago.

You might as well join the cast of "Saved by the Bell" and not be from Hollywood. At least they have nationwide casting calls.....I think.

#12     Nov 29, 2014
  3. Well, in the above model, as long as you are net positive from the start, then you can maintain the live account and keep building into more lots. If you screw anything up within the first 10 days, then you're back to sim, so not much margin for error.

Regarding other props, there's another firm (link below) however I'm not sure if they want some education/course fee before providing the live account.

http://tradingadvantagecapital.com/

There are other futures props that operate in the U.K., you can find the list within the TopStepTrader thread on this board.

I think with any of these firms, the goal is to develop your own consistency and track record, and then look to trade with a hedge fund that allocates a portion of their capital for futures.

#13     Nov 29, 2014