Futures Traders - Only Trade the Pound Futures going forward.

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by ktmtrader, Jun 25, 2016.

1. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

As bad as Brexit is for the long term economies of GB and Europe, the Brexit vote has provided us Futures traders with unexpected volatility in the markets.

The most volatile of the lot is going to be the British Pound and for us futures traders the Pound Futures, symbol: /6B.

You have 23 hours each day of the week to trade this mother. Let's trade it well.

Wishing you great discipline in your trading!

2. TradeCat

TradeCat

Isn't there an ETF which tracks the Sterling? My preference is to trade an equity instead of futures. But definitely no vanilla forex since I don't fall for scams.

3. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

FXB I believe.

4. TradeCat

TradeCat

Oh wow! FXB is excellent. Very liquid. I would say either XLF or FXB will be good trading instruments the next few weeks. Options available though not as liquid.

5. 1245

Why do you prefer the ETF over the future? The Future has more leverage, better tax treatment for gains and trades longer hours. Also, you don't have to be concerned with the ETF management doing their job with their NAV.

i960 and cjbuckley4 like this.
  6. TradeCat

TradeCat

I don't like the risk associated with futures. For leverage, I'll take Options. But I do like to trade straight equity without having to worry about the greeks.

As far as taxes are concerned, it's only a matter of time before capital gains taxes are raised.

7. 1245

Then trade smaller or use options on futures.

8. Trader13

Trader13

Which risk are you referring to? Leverage, continuous pricing, counterparty risk of clearing firm, ...?

9. i960

i960

You have more risk with FXB by far. What session do you think 6B is going to be traded with the most volatility? Hint: it's not the US session and you can't do dick with your FXB position at 3am eastern.