Futures Signal Service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Fritos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. destriero

destriero

I'm not going to argue hypo vs. production. If the guy can't pull the trigger then by all means, start a site. Probably 90% of algo systems that train well on sim will fail due to microstructure. This guy has it in use with a HF, but has no production stats... so yeah, sounds reasonable.

Again, he has HF contacts, but no monies to trade this awesome 4-Sharpe?

Orders placed before the open? I'll wager that posted trades don't come anywhere near 4.5:1 at 50% hit rate.

#11     Jan 29, 2016
  2. romik

romik

Didn't realise, had him on ignore.

#12     Jan 29, 2016
  3. romik

romik

Heard of Collective2?

#13     Jan 29, 2016
  4. lindq

lindq

Baloney. Impossible.

#14     Jan 29, 2016
  5. There are a couple ways to do this.

1) You can in fact pay Barron to advertise here and then you are allowed to post.

2) If you want help creating a website supporting your service and Youtube videos you can let me know.

3) You can have for example a free twitter account to post. And I do mean free since you can't post a link to your calls where you are charging people since that is against the rules.

4) You can create a journal here where you post you calls for free since many people have journals where they post their calls.

5) You can also just go work for a hedge fund or trading firm yourself. I recently had a conversation with the CEO of a firm and found out what results he wanted to see before hiring me. I will not post them here, but I have not met that goal yet.

The problem with MarketSurfer is he wants to break the rules and not pay Barron plus his calls are mostly wrong and if he or any of his followers were trading with real money they would have blown up their accounts multiple times.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    #15     Jan 29, 2016
    romik likes this.
  6. Fritos

Fritos

Orders are disseminated AFTER market opens, as noted in my original post.

#16     Jan 29, 2016
  7. Fritos

Fritos

Tough crowd.
    If you read my initial post, I came here looking for some advise in getting the word out, not actually selling the service here.

And yes, I have actual results spanning 2+ years and 20 years hypothetical.

I guess I now remember why I don't frequent this site any longer. Lots of angry, negative people.

Thanks to all those who responded respectfully.

Cheers.

#17     Jan 29, 2016
  8. destriero

destriero

Dude, if you have to sell it then it's not worth buying. Hypothetical is a waste of electrons. As stated, something like 9/10 profitable sim-systems fail due to microstructure.

7 posts. The majority of which are on this thread. I can imagine that you're all broken-up over all that time wasted on ET.

Post the results, redacted. Nobody is going to reverse-engineer it. I have 400 years of production results as I have a time-machine and a hovercar. Oh yeah, and 20 unnamed hedge-funds trading it.

The word is shit. The HF crap was over the top. You've got an NDA so you can't tell... but shhh, a major hedge fund has been trading this for ten years, but you've only traded it for two.

#18     Jan 29, 2016
  9. Fritos

Fritos

Thank you very much for this answer. Great advice.
    I may initially take your advice on #4, with # 2 (will contact you) and 3 to follow. With regard to # 5, I trade this algo via my real account. I have worked in the hedge fund and brokerage space for too many years. :) These no longer really interest me, but I haven't ruled it out completely.

Thank you again.

#19     Jan 29, 2016
  10. Hmmm. Seemed he was offering his market calls for free. I don't remember his selling anything on ET. Did I miss something?

#20     Feb 1, 2016