Frontline (FRO) - Can anyone make a bearish case?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ogarbitrage, Dec 18, 2014.

1. VLCC fixtures get off to a flying start in 2015

#31     Jan 16, 2015
  2. Did a quick analysis of Frontline's debt and asset values this afternoon. I have their debt around $950m while their fleet value is conservatively valued at $1.8 billion. With 100 million shares outstanding, their breakup value alone is over $8/share.

#33     Jan 17, 2015
  3. Anyone still in this? I'm in with 3500 shares at an average of 3.13/sh. That's about as much as I'm willing to risk on this.

I think the 4Q 2014 results will not be that exciting other than the possible announcement of paying off the debt coming due. 1Q 2015 is where the magic happens if we continue to see rates like this.

#35     Feb 11, 2015
    m1nt likes this.
  4. I am still in. 3200 shares and 80 calls.

#36     Feb 11, 2015
  5. Double Bond Boost for Fredriksen --- from TradeWinds
    John Fredriksen’s Frontline has purchased another chunk of its convertible bond amid increased confidence the tanker owner can hurdle an April payment without the need to sell assets or restructure.

Fredriksen has also put his own money to work by increasing his holding in a Golden Ocean bond, which analysts have interpreted as a positive development given the battered bulker market.

Frontline announced this morning it had bought a further $33.3m of its convertible bond, a move that raised its holding to $131.6m.

Erik Nikolai Stavseth of Arctic Securities explains there is now $93m outstanding on the bond.

“It’s very likely they will be able to repay in April in some form without selling shares in Frontline 2012 or doing anything in terms of restructuring,” the analyst said during a phone conversation today.

The development could also aid a potential merger between Frontline and Frontline 2012’s tanker fleet as such a move would now appear much less dilutive to existing Frontline shareholders, the analyst said.

In a statement, Golden Ocean said Fredriksen’s Geveran Trading had acquired $3.8m in the bulker owner’s convertible due in 2019.

The latest purchase, which takes Fredriksen’s interest in the bond to around $75m, “shows he has confidence in Golden Ocean,” Stavseth said.

FINANCE
    ANDY PIERCE IN LONDON 13 February 2015, 10:34 GMT

#37     Feb 13, 2015
    m1nt likes this.
  6. Stock has been moving up the last couple days. We should see some action regarding the convertible bond soon.

TT

#38     Apr 13, 2015
  7. Earnings release tonight/tomorrow morning. Anyone else still in this one?

TT

#39     May 28, 2015
  8. xandman

xandman

Yeah. I'm an investor. This time I'm leaving a Limit Sell GTC at a crazy price.

Also, selling TK put options on a periodic basis. My timing has been terrible.

#40     May 28, 2015