From Zero to Hero - in a year's time

Discussion in 'Journals' started by babyjake1961, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB3

JB3

I don't understand all of the negativity. Jake, just ignore these idiots and do your thing. He is trading his own money, and on his own terms. He even offered to give away his tool for free, and there are still miserable people who can't leave it alone. If you don't like it, just move onto another thread. I'll follow along and be entertained.

#11     Apr 4, 2016
    babyjake1961 likes this.
  2. They must have grown very bitter about their persistent heavy losses over the years due to a lack of a clear strategy and risking far more than they could afford to lose in a time of an utter financial desperation. Along the way, slick salesmen have mercilessly taken advantage of these unsophisticated punters by unloading tons of useless "systems" onto them for the meager remnants of their cash. After this double penetration, they now see anyone with a tool as one after them. Even if one told them to go f*** themselves, they would still see it as "unlicensed advice".

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    #12     Apr 4, 2016
    comingkingofisrael and userque like this.
  3. Jeanek619

Jeanek619

Nicely done.
    I think I have written something similar, based on ticks only and very simple entry/close rules coupled with hidden stoploss and takeprofit (it's going for 1pip above spread cost).
    What about your win/lose ratio? Mine is around 53.5% and volume traded is way above reasonable. (I do use MM so traded lots grow with equity)

#13     Apr 4, 2016
  4. My percentage of winning trades is also around 50%, the exact number depends on the time period over which a backtest is done. You can check it out in the detailed backtest report I posted in this thread.

With this P/L ratio and an average losing trade being smaller than an average winning one, there's a clear edge over the market. The stop-loss and take-profit are dynamically calculated depending on the momentum's strength.

The only downside is prolonged periods of suppressed volatility but these can't last for long even if artificially inflicted through the central banks' actions. More so, such periods are followed by rather violent volatility spikes, entirely compensating for the market's preceding idleness.

#14     Apr 4, 2016
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Actually TA still works. In fact your description of price inertia fits in perfectly with TA. I'm doing something very similar with a strategy based on two conventional technical indicators that shall remain nameless.

This is the best definition of technical analysis I've found :

Technical analysis is any method for generating trading signals, said method being based solely on past and present price data and/or volume data of a security.

This includes both quantifiable and unquantifiable methods, including mathematical formulae (RSI and ADX), trendlines, pattern recognition (wedges, triangles, flags, head-and-shoulders, etc.), candlestick interpretations, etc. TA is a broad collection of methods, some logic-based and others purely intuitional.

The definition in Wikipedia is flawed. TA need not involve forecasting, and bar-by-bar PA practitioners pride themselves on focusing on present data, not past data.

Good luck with your research.

#15     Apr 4, 2016
  6. Vertex

Vertex

I checked the trade stats for today and there were no trades. Did the system not get any signals or was it not activated? I took your statement to mean you were no longer looking for "testers" but were continuing your own live test.

With respect, that remains to be seen. Moving the linked account positive with live trades will silence a lot of questions. We have all seen great backtests.

Best of luck.

#16     Apr 4, 2016
  7. JB3

JB3

I have to say there is something strange about your backtest though. For the first 600 trades, nothing is going on with the equity. Then the equity rises sharply after in the span of 200 trades. Is it just hitting a favorable price action? It is just interesting observation. Good luck, and I'll follow along to check out the progress.

#17     Apr 5, 2016
  8. userque

userque

That sounds like over-fitting.

#18     Apr 5, 2016
  9. Vertex

Vertex

Looks like he got banned. And no activity on the little fx account again today.

Conclusions?

#19     Apr 5, 2016
  10. dartmus

dartmus

This thread, the strategy, and the account were tools to further his agenda. The account is dormant because without the opportunity to pursue his agenda it's no longer needed.

#20     Apr 5, 2016
    wrbtrader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.