Free MultiCharts in TWS !!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by learner2007, Feb 24, 2014.

1. hi
    now i'm forced out of free version, so checking what has changed in a limited UI:
    1)settings\data sources\order settings -> click in an area "Available actions" = "
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index"
    old but all showstoppers:
    2)no brackets
    3)option chain "near money" contracts showing way too many of them (should be up to 5 to be called "near" or configurable)
    4)no HSI (<-important) futures loadable (although watermark identifies the contract name correctly)
    5)pnl, unrealized pnl not visible in tables (Positions etc) + this pnl should be everywhere, preferably on chart window (see all other apps for reference), quite important. I can't really decode Account view tables - takes too long to read.
    6)L2 without histogram and pnl
    i don't like exception pop within 1 minute of using a product! not a production quality yet. Will wait and hope, thanks. Still can't replace alternatives, but got some cool features, like speed, auto alert trendlines, minicharts. Great potential.
    cheers

#81     Apr 17, 2016
  2. 1) error - email the log and full error to support and it will be fixed.
    3) give example - what symbol? Near the money is identified by the strike being 15 % away from the current price, not by # of options.
    4) email us the exact symbol you are entering into MT and exact definition of the contract in TWS - underlying symbol, exchange, etc.

5) ??? It is visible on Positions display. Not sure what there is to decode on Account view. you open it, you select Positions tab. You can pick which columns are displayed same as on other places - right click on column header, select Column Chooser option. And on charts, if you have chart trading enabled and show positions, one of the options is to show the P&L

If you don't want the exception popup, then email it to us. It certainly is not something that comes up for everyone, or it would have been reported and fixed. If you don't report it, it can't be fixed.

#82     Apr 17, 2016
  3. 1)doesnt look specific to me, it triggers when clicked on empty part (not BUY, SELL), simply UI allows selecting another item which doesn't exist, no need logs
    3)SPY - the most liquid one, should not be % but # for an options trader
    4)@HSIJ16 or @HSIM16, correctly identified as "JUN 2016 Hang Send Stock Index"
    5)Cool, i'll try!

#83     Apr 17, 2016
  4. error - I found and fixed this particular one, but in general, if instead of just showing the top message, it is best to EMAIL us the details with the entire message. that shows the exact location of the error.

Option chain - the settings are not symbol specific. will see about adding the option for capping # of near the money symbols

HSI - Enter @HSIJ16:HKFE - with the exchange. NOTE: have to be subscribed to that exchange for real-time data.

#84     Apr 17, 2016
  5. thanks. Good stuff, looking forward to try it realtime.

#85     Apr 17, 2016