Fractal Theory I

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by llIHeroic, May 28, 2015.

1. Bnnf

Bnnf

Thanks, this is really helpful, i had trouble understanding how you could have 2 containers up without one down in between but with those annotations it makes sense, i assume if a container can be accelerated there's no reason it can't be slowed...

Attached find a chart with some interrogations if you feel like clarifying them, that would be welcome.

Thanks baro-san for providing another point of view, does that mean that you don't subscribe to the ITZ and volume rule ?

#271     Sep 18, 2015
  2. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Bnnf, I think you're on the right track based off your comments. We continually monitor the market and adjust/update our annotations bar by bar as more data comes in. After certain points we're able to lock in certain annotations; such as if we have a bar-to-bar tape that ftt's and it's RTL is broken. It isn't going to be fanned or accelerated anymore; it's over.

In regards to green and purple lines; I use the line thickness to denote fractal. At the point of it's FTT, the green container could've qualified for P1 - P2 of a slower fractal in it's entirety. However, we didn't get an equal component necessary for P3 of a slower fractal, so now the purple trend-lines represent the container that I'm looking to bring me to P2 of a slower fractal when it completes.

#272     Sep 18, 2015
  3. baro-san

baro-san

I intended to bring to the table some food for thought. I don't know what you mean by "the ITZ and volume rule".

2015-09-16 am_.png

#273     Sep 20, 2015
  4. Bnnf

Bnnf

Nevermind, thanks for your chart, the black volume from your 10:05 bar appeared to be lower than the previous one on mine.
    I'm actually clarifying what i've learned before posting some annotated charts, i also have 2 drawings of mine done last weekend where i tried to draw price only seeing volume, i'll post all of that soon, have a nice day.

How do you consider the grey volume bars of your internals, do you ignore them ?

#274     Sep 23, 2015
  5. baro-san

baro-san

The grey coloring means "no price translation". I don't ignore the internals; I use the 10 cases table.

#275     Sep 23, 2015
  6. Bnnf

Bnnf

Yeah i know about the ten cases i didn't pay enough attention to your gaussians at first i thought you weren't taking your internals into account, i probably let the color fool me...

Anyway here is yesterday's chart annotated in hindsight, the purpose is to have some criticism on it, i'm not sure about everything i've drawn and it's highly probable that sequences aren't respected or VEs badly annotated... I tried to make my gaussians match my FCs in reference to a comment Heroic made about my charts.

Also attached 2 handmade graphs done last weekend for the sake of exercising...
    16-09 one has been annotated seeing the whole volume of the day, 15-09 has been annotated discovering volume bar-by-bar.

I wish you all a nice weekend

#276     Sep 25, 2015
  7. baro-san

baro-san

I suggest you annotate on your chart (in real time, and during review) each point:
    - in the price pane: 1, 2, 3, ve, m1, m2, ftt
    - in the volume pane: the R2R2B2Rs and B2B2R2Bs
    - add one higher fractal for context
    Those will keep you "honest" :)

#277     Sep 25, 2015
  8. Bnnf

Bnnf

Ok i'll upload a new one with those annotations, i thought this could make my chart hard to read.
    I ignore what m1 and m2 mean though...

#278     Sep 25, 2015
  9. baro-san

baro-san

m1, m2 are the additional moves after ve

#279     Sep 25, 2015
  10. Bnnf

Bnnf

Here it is. Thanks for the input. Can't figure how to have right annotations from the beginning on, i have no clue how to only show RTH on this platform if that's even possible, i might have to save my annotations and move them to the next day each time...

#280     Sep 25, 2015