Food stamp fraud rampant: GAO report

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Aug 23, 2014.

1. I pay for mine and I pay for yours. And I don't eat filet mignon. Nor lobster, nor caviar.

Ironic.

#31     Aug 24, 2014
  2. loyek590

loyek590

Christians don't need battered women shelters. There is always a family in the church that will take in a sister in need. And all her children. And the man will get a stern talking to. And he will not see the woman again until he changes his wayward ways or ends up in jail.

#32     Aug 24, 2014
  3. piezoe

piezoe

If you begin to means test, you would be changing the nature of social security away from essentially a defined benefit pension plan to more of a hybrid between defined benefit and welfare. The welfare element as of now is relatively minor and comes from the pension formula which provides a somewhat greater ROI to the average lower income retiree then to those who earned more. In addition retirees with significant additional retirement income pay income tax on a portion of their S.S. benefits, whereas the benefits of those getting by mainly on Social Security alone are not taxed. Social Security pensions are based on contributions over one's 35 highest earning years. Earlier contributions are weighted more heavily than later contributions.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    #33     Aug 25, 2014
  4. jem

jem

Its funny you should mention that... because I was specifically thinking of all the people who dedicate their lives helping women and children at a women's shelter in Tijuana. I saw some of the sisters who do that work at the Catholic church in Solana Beach.

The story of the sisters was amazing and so was the the large and consistent food drive the volunteers at the church organize.

#34     Aug 25, 2014
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The question was about battered women's shelters in San Diego. But if you'd rather not pursue it, that's fine.

#35     Aug 25, 2014
  6. jem

jem

your question is a non sequitor intended to distract from the bigotry you manifested, so I responded the way I wished. If you actually took your own question seriously you would have looked it up.. compared and contrasted to the past... and then used it to somehow explain the cause or basis of your bigotry.

#36     Aug 25, 2014
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

If he were computer literate he could have done a search ... I found a number of shelters in SD.

#37     Aug 25, 2014
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Oh, he'll send you to search when you ask him to prove a point, but when it's your point - don't expect him to lift a finger.

#38     Aug 25, 2014
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In other words, you don't know. So please don't pursue the course that "we" -- whoever "we" might be -- are taking care of the problem on their own (see posts 28 and 29).

#39     Aug 25, 2014
  10. jem

jem

Please don't have the arrogance to presume to tell me which groups I am part of and whether we is appropriate.

When a bigot attacks and tries to minimize a group... we are all we.

#40     Aug 25, 2014