Finding investors to start a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Quant93, Oct 13, 2015.

1. dartmus

dartmus

If I understand correctly you're saying for every investment dollar a fund receives as a result of your effort to direct investors to any specific fund ...then thru some agreement you enter into with the fund, ...you're able to participate in the fee the fund collects, from the profits it's able to generate, but only on the total dollars your associates invest. Is that correct?

#71     Oct 21, 2015
  2. Why are his specific business arrangements of any interest to you? Go build your own business. As he says, 'Don't be jealous, just do it yourself.'

#72     Oct 21, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

Not trying to rip on you but I am very curious how you were able to raise that amount without being licensed (I assume you're working out of the U.S.)? You mentioned you were trained as an attorney so I presume you've thought through it, are you able to share how this is possible? Although the OP was talking offshore, there are significant requirements to raising funds legally from U.S. citizens that haven't been addressed here and could land a person in jail or with a significant fine, so its probably worth mentioning and any tips you have to stay on the right side of those laws would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

#73     Oct 21, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  4. http://www.nasaa.org/industry-resou...ent-adviser-registration-information/florida/

Should I add this too? :)
    http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region2/205.html

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    #74     Oct 21, 2015
  5. Sig

Sig

#75     Oct 21, 2015
  6. Thats a good question.

I am a partner/owner in the funds I raise capital for. There is no licensing requirements to raise capital as an owner/partner. surf

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    #76     Oct 21, 2015
  7. Sig

Sig

Got it. It's a funny exception to the requirement, but I am familiar with it.

#77     Oct 21, 2015
    archeolog108 and marketsurfer like this.
  8. I asked somebody else (to keep my anonymity) to call Commino Platform. Their story is completely different from what is suggested by classiccharts17 and Marketsurfer.
    To start a hedge fund they ask a minimum of 1 MILLION, not 25K. Which is for most people here a "substantial" difference I think.
    And secondly there are fees to be paid, that leads to the logical conclusion that there will not be 50K to live from. It is even not sure that the 50K will be enough to pay all the expenses. Start up would cost already 15K at minimum, they told.

So the "quickly open a small account with almost no expenses in Malta" has nothing to see with reality.

#78     Oct 22, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  9. alexstox

alexstox

In emerging countries it's hard to follow your advise in attracting money. My strategy raises only 2-6% a moth. I trade on simulated account. The problem is even if I open 1000$ account and trade on it like "real" money, do you really think this will attract investors?! For example in Ukraine hard to make anybody interested even in 30% return strategy, because you can raise more in business with 100%-200%+ return. What you can advise me?

#79     Oct 28, 2015
  10. alexstox

alexstox

But where to raise more than 10K funds?! That is the question =)

#80     Oct 28, 2015