Feedback appreciated. My Journal Begins...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jsmacksem, Aug 4, 2014.

1. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings,

"Every tick…, is truly a signal..The real question always….Is this particular tick – My Signal"

As I read Rednecks words above, I couldn't help but be struck by a "Creedo" I heard from two of my older brothers who were both Combat Tested Marines. I have modified these words below for Traders. And offer my sincere apologies, if I happen to offend any Marine here on ET,...no such offense was intended. I am fully aware that there is no such thing as a former Marine.

Traders Creedo
    This is my Method. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my Method is useless. Without my Method, I am random and useless. I must execute my Method true in accordance with My Plan.

I must follow it much stricter, than I would be concerned about the market forces which are attempting to stop me out. I must focus on executing and reaching my target objectives before I am stopped out. I will. My Method and I know that what counts in trading is not the number of trades we execute, the noise of the HTF’s, or the confusion we make for ourselves. We know that it is the "Consistency of My Actions" that counts. I will be Consistent.

My Method is not human, even as I am human, because it is my trading life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother, a friend, and as a mentor. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its component parts, its technical and mental analysis tools, its Setups and it’s Triggers. I will keep my Method simple, clean, efficacious, and ready, even as I am ready. We will become part of each other.

Before the Trading Gods I swear this Creed. My Method and I are the defenders of my trading equity and the providers of my trading profits. We are the masters of our markets. We are the financial saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is mine, and I am no longer my own worst enemy.

Use and Enjoy......Hope this helps

KDASFTG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    #381     Dec 2, 2014
    jsmacksem, jas_in_hbca and Redneck like this.
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Sonofabitch - That is Sweet!!!!

I printing it out and posting it :)

RN

#382     Dec 2, 2014
  3. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

I'll send my Etoufee to ya soon. It's different, but it's mine. Easy too, just a lot of simmering.

In response to Paralysis, I'm choosing a signal. I don't know why, but I have to put a date on this or it won't get done. I'll have my signal by 12/7. Only one. It's not going to be the Opening range b/o. Though that get's one started, in NQ, the opening range can be quite large, requiring large risk to see the trade through.

I've narrowed it down to 3.

I want consistent benefit, so here we go.

#383     Dec 2, 2014
  4. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

I too already printed it. Thank you KD for sharing that. I'm hanging that next to some beliefs I'm working on. This is in complete support of those.

I am a consistently successful trader.

#384     Dec 2, 2014
  5. "Etoufee"

Had to google that. Now I'm hungry.

#385     Dec 2, 2014
    Alpha Trader and jsmacksem like this.
  6. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

Update:

Finished douglas. I'm preparing to do the douglas exercise with one chosen signal starting Monday.

It's a 20 trade exercise, always taking your one signal/edge, and evaluating after 20. Only being able to trade 2-4 mornings a week, averaging one signal a morning, This will take me a month or so to complete. Probably finished in the new year sometime.

Time for consistency though right?

I've "FINALLY" :D chosen a signal to make mine, so thank you to all of you who helped me, and were/are/continue to be patient with me.

Even though I finished douglas, I'll probably read it again. And then another time. It was very helpful.

I've learned that the signal I'm going to use, actually takes some time to print on a 5m. It's interesting. So patience is key here. The risk for this signal has been very minimal.

Also, in hindsight of past charts, this signal occurs--on a good day--twice--according to rules I'm using for signal entry.

Tomorrow and sunday, I'm getting the entry criteria solidified onto paper, and we begin monday. I have off monday, so I'll be around for morning/aft session.

I've been literally laughing today, because I took so long to choose a signal. Then when I picked one, I couldn't understand why I took so long. Guess it was paralysis.

Good times,
    -JS

#386     Dec 5, 2014
    BonScott and dartmus like this.
  7. sowterdad

sowterdad

Congratulations on making a decision on a method to employ and the determination to give it time to work- and evaluate! A big Step to your future success!

#387     Dec 6, 2014
    jsmacksem likes this.
  8. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

I will be here trading for the whole day tomorrow. I'm excited to be back in the ring after spending a lot of time reading, thinking, working on me, picking a signal, etc...

I've also finally put a plan on paper. Definitely nice to have something to refer to. Writing also has always helped ingrain things into my mind.

Unfortunately, I'm only going to be here monday and wednesday morning due to my job. I'll replay the other days and still contribute, but I wont be adding the replay trades to my 20 trades list for statistical analysis. I want to see how this plays live, and how I play it live. It's xmas season and I'm in retail. Yay.

Trying to keep it simple and consistent.

#388     Dec 7, 2014
    dartmus likes this.
  9. Good trading to you, JS ! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

#389     Dec 7, 2014
  10. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

Thanks jas. Here we go! Ahhhhhh

#390     Dec 7, 2014