Feedback appreciated. My Journal Begins...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jsmacksem, Aug 4, 2014.

1. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

I'm able to trade tomorrow morning session. I am looking forward to it.

Traders pushed price to almost 4100 today.

I replayed today bar by bar of today's session. Pre market even had some nice moves.

I went back to ground zero and traded only the method I practice in SIM, which already PROVED to be very profitable from the excel data I have. For some reason, I continue looking for new set/ups and systems, or new plays, when I haven't even mastered what I know to be a very profitable system.

I decided to replay today with that method.

It turned out well.

There were 15 trades. 8 winners, 5 losers, 2 break even.

Avg Win $56
    Avg Loss $36
    P:L 1.56:1
    Hit Rate: 55%
    (some rounded off)

Profit with this system, even though there was quite some CHOP, was 13.5 points!

Why did I ever deviate from what I tested?

Introspection is most dear in the profession. If one is not willing to analyze one's self, OFTEN, there can't be any progress.

I noticed this deviation a couple days ago. It's amazing how my own mind can blind me and the direction I should head.

Tomorrow I will stick to the system that I tested and we'll see how it goes.

-J

#181     Oct 28, 2014
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Bored! ( doing nothing watching swings and missing them )
    Greed! ( you always want more )

Did I miss your live score ??

#182     Oct 28, 2014
  3. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

I didn't trade today. At work. I'll have something tomorrow. Probably in the range of 75-100 points. Profit. :confused:

Take what the mkt gives. Nothing more.

#183     Oct 28, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Ahhhhh, me to sucks hey!!

My Method was pretty much useless today, would of rocked yesterday like stupid money, found if I switch to M5 on slow days, method works great.

Good trading tomorrow sir, taking the kids swimming, tablet is waterproof but still nah don't think I'll trade while swimming LOL

#184     Oct 28, 2014
  5. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

Prep. 10/29/14

Price is currently above the mean of the daily uptrend channel. Mean currently around 4000-4005.

Price has continued to stay here, and it could test the upper extreme, however that would be new highs especially after 4100 yesterday. Price easily pushed off the mean, which suggests demand up here at these prices. I have a feeling people are deciding if there's value up here. Maybe we'll find out today.

Keep in mind, price stayed above this mean since MAY! It finally broke it after reaching new highs on 9/19. After bouncing off the lower extreme, price quickly came back to the mean. If anything, faster then it fell.

We'll see if traders find value at the upper extreme, or if they prefer to hover here as they have in the past.

Hourly itself also has a nice uptrend channel. The new uptrend flattened out a little, but it still making higher highs. We are around the mean of that channel too. Price could go to around 4065, the lower extreme, or up to 4112, the upper extreme.

Depending on how one draws the lines, price already appears to be finding value a bit lower. So let's say 4065 to the south.

PreMKT trading range. A pretty important demand line was broken over night with sideways action. No conviction south. We could see that at open.

14 pt range. Pre mkt respecting extremes. I'd imagine an imediate break at open.

If not stay put. Not trades. Wider range maybe.

Until 930 EST...
    J

#185     Oct 29, 2014
  6. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

"I'm that good. I'm that brilliant. I'm better than the market. The market obeys me."

INTROSPECTION

Deep down after today's session, reflected. These are some fundamental (unconscious) thoughts that are reflected in my trading. How poor is that!

This also explains many of the trades that I took today. Because I'm that brilliant and amazing, I decided to trade a 10 points range. You fucking idiot.

Am I allowed to cuss?

The market doesn't owe me. The market is neutral, as I should be. If my system is executed with discipline, I would not have been in the hole...again.

These belief's of mine are trouble. Too many trades.

-$80 in commission alone, 4 points loss today.

This evening I will review the trades. Here is a great picture of me trading a range. First two trades would have been taken. The rest, I would have waited patiently.

BUT, I am brilliant and amazing and the market does what I want it to do. Right? How about I adopt a new attitude? The market doesn't give a shit about people. It is simply a reflection of price. Supply and demand. Buyers and Sellers. Supported and resisted areas of price and behavior. If one trades from this point, he wouldn't enter a 10 point range, because traders currently agree over price. Why tried an agreed upon price? It's not moving?

Here is that great picture of what you too can accomplish if you believe you are smarter and more brilliant. Let's get rid of that ego shall we.

Feel free to comment, encourage, berate, ridicule, etc...

Trades reviewed tonight...

#186     Oct 29, 2014
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Its normal for a good start then confidence kicks in an brain stops working.

Just get used to fast action then bang it all goes dead :( got to adapt to what is doing that's all your still on the old plan taking setups that would of worked last week it sucks, tough fucking game.

Cussing your thread so why not lol

#187     Oct 29, 2014
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's only your 2nd week Live, Roman wasn't built in a day and all that, just be happy you haven't blown your account yet getting stubborn ( spoiler alert LOL )

#188     Oct 29, 2014
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Specifically what steps will you be taking to improve (rhetorical if you wish)

And when will you be taking them

RN

#189     Oct 29, 2014
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't know if you can or want to trade other instruments, but if Index's are choppy and Lifeless then it's cause something else is getting all of the interest/money flow, yesterday was USOil and today was GOLD, sometimes it's forex but rarely these days.

Don't sit it out, find 1 that's having live the PA you require, they all trade pretty much the same PA wise.

#190     Oct 29, 2014
    K-Rock likes this.