Fed "patient"?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by galvinlee888, Mar 18, 2015.

1. S2007S

S2007S

She is going to use her speech time to be 100% dovish so that wall street doesn't feel any pain....

They are boxed in, they have lost all Credibility, they have backed themselves into a corner and have zero ways out, of course they believe they have a way out but in reality they have no exit plan and thats the funny thing about this crisis were in, I know many don't believe its a crisis, but in reality it is and it will be shown in due time.
    You know that saying don't fight the fed, well that saying will long be forgotten once the next crisis takes place because you will be able to fight them because anything and everything they do won't make a damn difference.

#11     Mar 18, 2015
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

But Sun Tzu says:When your army has crossed the border, you should burn your boats and bridges, in order to make it clear to everybody that you have no hankering after home.

So we are have no other option now but to fight with QE-Infinity. And so it means more rally forever, until we are all dead or we win the war. No retreating now.

Just buy IBB every day and you will be up 90% of the time. And when you get something STRANGE like three down days, you can get out for a profit. Why we didn't even get three down days in SPY for ALL of 2014....

#12     Mar 18, 2015
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Given negative rates in Europe....

Thats exactly where the US is heading, NEGATIVE interest rates, fun fun fun....

Throw some QE 4 on top of that and its party party party time once again!

#13     Mar 18, 2015
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I think Marc Faber agrees with me, he is saying the fed isnt going to raise rates anytime in 2015, and thats true, this will be the news out today, add that to the word patient being left in the statement and markets are going to surge 3% by the close on Friday!

Investors are awaiting a signal from the Federal Reserve on whether the central bank will raise interest rates, but "Dr. Doom" Marc Faber thinks the Fed will keep them waiting.

"In my view, the Fed will not increase interest rates this year," the editor of the Gloom, Boom & Doom Report editor said Wednesday on CNBC's "Squawk Box," pointing to dollar strength and recent disappointing economic data. "The economy simply [is] not taking off, so I don't see there will be an interest rate increase."

Faber made his comments ahead of a scheduled Wednesday afternoon statement from the Federal Open Market Committee and a news conference by Chair Janet Yellen. Some investors expect the central bank will indicate it will begin hiking short-term interest rates from near zero.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102514623

#14     Mar 18, 2015
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Market at intraday lows right now, dow off 120+nasdaq off 19 and s$p off 9.....

Market is crying, sell off ahead of the fed meeting ....so that the fed can make any quick changes not to scare the markets in the next 50 mins....

#15     Mar 18, 2015
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Right now it seems most believe the word patient will be removed......

38 mins to go!!!!!!!

again if the word is removed they will make sure that they scream out very loudly that they aren't raising rates in 2015....they will now be data dependent....

#16     Mar 18, 2015
  7. S2007S

S2007S

whewwwww market really dipping now!!!! market get worried, but no worries fed will bow to wall street like it always does and markets will be bright green by the close!
    Bloomberg is all over the word patience.....this is too fucking funny, amazing how pathetic this fed has become and all these lame predictions.

#17     Mar 18, 2015
  8. noddyboy

noddyboy

My tracking portfolio of most shorted stocks is flat for the day, so there is no worry really. Look! AKRX up 9%, QIHU up 3.6%, P up 3.05%, BIDU up 2.3%. Yes, companies that actually try to make money are down, which is why people should stop trying to make money and just buy the stuff that doesn't.

#18     Mar 18, 2015
  9. S2007S

S2007S

market coming off its lows 9 mins before the announcement, watch everything surge and turn bright green in less than 10 mins!!!

#19     Mar 18, 2015
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

Yes! And please DON'T FORGET to buy companies that make no money. REMEMBER that Yellen already KNOWS about the problem in these biotech names, and so it is ALL PRICED IN. Buying companies that make money is a ROOKIE mistake.

#20     Mar 18, 2015