Fed announcement...???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by cdcaveman, Jul 27, 2015.

1. loyek590

loyek590

no, my virtual is short eur.usd and short usd.cad, so that makes my real cross short eur.cad,,,but that doesn't make me immune from the USD, since I trade both these pairs independently

#21     Jul 29, 2015
  2. Oh... How is that structure not just canceling of dollar exposure?

#22     Jul 29, 2015
  3. i960

i960

Why not just trade eur.cad then?

#23     Jul 29, 2015
  4. loyek590

loyek590

I can't tell you how many times I have been asked that question. Because they didn't start out that way. They just evolved into the cross. And in 24 hours I could be 100% long or short USD. You just never know. All I can tell you is if you keep your losses short and let your profits run you will do ok long term. Short term it is like a boxing match, and if you are not the biggest and the baddest you better be able to take a lot of punches and have paced yourself to last 12 rounds.

#24     Jul 29, 2015
  5. loyek590

loyek590

because eur and cad don't act the same when Janet burps, they each have their own things going on. Eur Greece, Cad Crude, There is no such thing as being flat USD, even if it is just sitting in cash or under your mattress.

#25     Jul 29, 2015
  6. your long usd if your holding cash... your right ... unbeknownst to most of the population they are all taking a stance on the dollar.. by either saving/hoarding, or by borrowing and investing

#26     Jul 29, 2015
  7. loyek590

loyek590

you are right about that, but all my conservative money that was sitting in bonds is now in cash. Laugh if you want. I'd rather lose a small amount to inflation, than risk it by betting on rates. The Fed really messed up my bond portfolio with their price controls. It's no longer a market for us amatures. Just like the old Soviet Union. You gotta know somebody in government to profitably loan them money.

#27     Jul 29, 2015