Ex-drug executive Shkreli has $40 million trading loss: U.S

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Feb 3, 2016.

1. destriero

destriero

No. The valuation was pinned to the KBIO halt. So $23.59/share. I don't know why you chose the high-print as the valuation.

wtf... the shares are restricted. He could not sell a single share at a profit for six months.

#61     Feb 4, 2016
  2. destriero

destriero

#62     Feb 4, 2016
    i960 likes this.
  3. Geez, what a slimy little pr*ck...

Does Surf worship anybody that is NOT a fricken douche???

#63     Feb 4, 2016
    dartmus likes this.
  4. bh_prop

bh_prop

This guy looks/acts like an absolute tool. Hope he enjoys prison

#64     Feb 4, 2016
  5. I like the guy. He went from nothing to something. Kudos to him for that.

#65     Feb 4, 2016
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

So did Madoff and Hitler. Oh my bad, Hitler wasn't a trader. Well, neither was Madoff nor Shkreli...

#66     Feb 4, 2016
    Chubbly and kinggyppo like this.
  7. kids nowadays don't know the difference between famous and infamous. He is not famous, it really bothers me that some look up to people cause they made some money, regardless of their ethics, is their self esteem really that low? someone gets a following for being a douchebag
    and the lemmings think he is a success. sad.

#67     Feb 4, 2016
  8. Humpy

Humpy

There was a clip from his trial. He always pleads The Fifth. What a crappy law. Lets criminals get away with their crimes. Yah it sucks. About time they scrapped it. He did however admit his name.

#68     Feb 5, 2016
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is for the weekend reader a bit old and long, but rather funny description of the fraud case against Shkreli:

http://bloombergview.com/articles/2...i-accused-of-being-surprisingly-good-at-fraud

"Shkreli's other business accomplishments are a mixed bag, but all in all pretty impressive for a guy who started off by losing all of his investors' money at least twice.

There are only two real ways to sustain the lie. One is to Ponzi it up, and keep raising new money from investors to pay out the old ones. In the right environment, and with the right sales pitch, this can work really well for a really long time, but since the supply of suckers is finite, it can only ever end in prison or the grave.

The other way to sustain the lie -- and the only possible permanent solution -- is to gamble on redemption.

Of course, these methods aren't mutually exclusive, and you can Ponzi along for a bit while looking for the big score that will return you to legitimacy."

#69     Feb 5, 2016
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

and headed back to nothing.

#70     Feb 5, 2016
    Occam and Chubbly like this.