Even the Pope sides with Futurecurrents

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jun 16, 2015.

1. fhl

fhl

Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, National Resources Defense Council, they're all non profits. They pay no taxes.
    They should all be made to shut up about global warming unless they pay taxes.

#421     Sep 2, 2015
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

What do these organizations have in common - they all use private jets for their executives - spewing large quantities of CO2.

#422     Sep 2, 2015
    traderob likes this.
  3. Ricter

Ricter

So? That's the world we inherit and the tools we have to use until we can change it.

#423     Sep 2, 2015
  4. I agree. Those organizations that are tax exempt should not have a voice that matters in the political arena.

#424     Sep 2, 2015

5. If you want to taken seriously you should use charts that show global surface temps. Yours does not.

This one does

[​IMG]

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    #425     Sep 2, 2015
  6. [​IMG]

#426     Sep 2, 2015
    piezoe likes this.
  7. Ricter

Ricter

There may be other regions of the continent where ice mass is growing, but the satellites indicate that on net the continent is losing ice. And if we can measure the geothermal activity there, then we can separate it from all other effects. If we can't measure it, then its claimed effects are questionable. As for other forces, it appears warming oceans are melting the continent's ice from below. I'd place a bet that the scope of that process is vastly bigger (surrounds the continent) than the continent's "Yellowstones".

#427     Sep 2, 2015
  8. jem

jem

that is a chart that includes ocean temps.

1. I have presented multiple studies showing the change in ocean temps lead the change ins co2 levels. So it is going to be a struggle for you to show co2 is causing the oceans to warm especially since there is not peer reviewed science saying that.

2. The oceans have been warming since the last ice age.

3. We know some if not all the ocean warming is natural... including vents and volcanoes.

#428     Sep 2, 2015
  9. jem

jem

you want a clean environment sponsored by a govt run by cronies.

try out China or the old USSR.

you lefties are whack jobs.

Instead of focusing on unproven science designed to give control over our lives to the carbon credit distributors... How about spending a few billion cleaning up the ocean.

#429     Sep 2, 2015
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Speaking of which, our oceans are choking on plastics, but I assume both you and gwb are using plastics everyday, right?

#430     Sep 2, 2015