Entrepreneurs come from families with money

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dealmaker, Jul 17, 2015.

1. loyek590

loyek590

so the answer is to give the poor a lot of money so their children will have a better chance of becoming an entepeneur (if you think being in business for yourself is a good thing.)

You may think I'm being sarcastic. You give every black man in America 40 acres and a mule like we promised, and I think you would see a drastic increase in entrepeneurship in the black community.

#11     Jul 19, 2015
  2. i960

i960

I wouldn't consider it charity or giving if people were paid an honest wage. Heck I bet if everyone's pay were literally doubled the economy would come screaming to life. Expecting everyone to run out and start a business or take on a bunch of risk just to "make it" is ridiculous.

The way it is now is like a garden of plants being slowly killed.

#12     Jul 19, 2015
    kut2k2 likes this.
  3. loyek590

loyek590

If it is ridiculous to start a business and take on risk then this society is hopeless

#13     Jul 19, 2015
  4. i960

i960

No I did not say that whatsoever. You just jumped via logical fallacy. I said expecting everyone to run out and start a business or take on heavy risk to do it is ridiculous.

Do you seriously thinking every Tom, Dick, and Harry has the means or knowledge to just start up their own business? What if I told you that all the little micro businesses will then be controlled by larger businesses and the same situation will reveal itself eventually.

#14     Jul 19, 2015
    kut2k2 likes this.
  5. loyek590

loyek590

when you graduate from high school, you have one product to sell, and that is your labor. So you are already in business for yourself. The risk you take on may be moving to a better job market or investing in education. But explaining that to a communist or a democrat is just about a waste of time. They can't see past the next paycheck. And every new regulation that makes it even harder to start a new business just keeps them imprisoned longer.

#15     Jul 19, 2015
  6. i960

i960

Too much black and white. Not enough grey.

#16     Jul 19, 2015
  7. loyek590

loyek590

your only plan is to make it easier for people to make more with less risk. That is a formula for a very weak society. We already had our great middle class when anybody with a high school degree could buy a house and a new car every four years. We blew through that. Now it is time to get back to work. And we already have plenty of employees, even too many. What we need now is more entrepreneurs. And the government can either incentivise it or discourage it to protect the employees. If you're not careful you're going to wake up to world where everybody is middcle class. Only that middle class will be way below what the middle class was when I was growing up.

#17     Jul 19, 2015
  8. loyek590

loyek590

fine line between making it easier for people to make money with less risk, and making it easier for people to make money with less regulation (government control.)

#18     Jul 19, 2015