Emotions - How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ProfiForex_Victory, May 2, 2014.

1. ahah you're right! I tried that too using ea and it's the same feeling.. the operations became "automatic" , you still have to controll your feelings about the outcomes/results

#101     Oct 13, 2015
  2. Personally, i stay away from trading for a few hours any time I'm emotionally unstable; whenever am too excited, angry, sad etc, I stay clear from trading because its in such times that i make massive mistakes

#102     Oct 21, 2015
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. Emotions - How do you deal with it?
    When i'm feeling antsy...I sip on chardonnay...it calms me, and makes me feel analytical again.
    [​IMG]

#103     Oct 21, 2015
  4. I always stop my trading activities when I got myself heated by emotions. It's not a good thing when you get overwhelmed right before starting your trading...

#104     Oct 27, 2015
  5. Kinda agree with this. Thumbs up, man.
    I always serve myself a cup of warm green tea, it works to relieve this unstable emotion. Or you might want to take a cold water bath, it works better.

#106     Oct 28, 2015
    Samsu_samsul likes this.
  6. Looks like someone mentioned cold water bath, lol.
    But yeah, it's good to lower your blood pressure (one of the roots of your emotion).

#107     Nov 3, 2015
  7. RobSwe

RobSwe

You have given thought and taken time to reflection ras72.

Not many do even superficially. Your comment tells me so.
    You have done it all the way. That is my observation.

Thank you for letting me become aware there are others that explore
    the mind.

It gets lonely sometimes but my senses are telling me this awareness
    of the mind and ourselves is growing.

I have not come this far as you in practise. I am practising still on a new level.
    I recently discovered the Tao (or Dao) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching

Trying to understand it's meaning as translated in English I sense it is skewed by
    the translation itself since it was originally written in a version of Chinese
    but the main and important messages comes across well enough.

It requires time and reflection so I am reading it one chapter a week
    (very small amount of text actually) and read it every day and contemplate.

To be honest this is more an exploration of my own mind and what limitations
    I set up for myself and might not be immediately applicable for trade purposes.

Mastering this tells me can be powerful though since it tells me how we
    all are connected.

Thank you for your comment.

/Robert

#108     Nov 6, 2015
  8. One of my peers suggested me to smoke a blunt when I got myself filled with emotions, he said it's a good way to calm him down. I still doubting about it. Do any of you have done it before?

#109     Nov 12, 2015