Dow, S&P close up more than 1%, post biggest reversal in 4 years

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Michael J. Fletcher, Oct 2, 2015.

1. You can trust the calendar regarding scheduled econ number and earnings releases.

So if the calendar says there are no more important news releases for the day which might have a heavy impact on the market, this is usually the case.

However, there is always a risk of unscheduled news hitting the market.

#41     Oct 4, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  2. Autodidact

Autodidact

These posts are pretty funny, it's like saying, yes the lotto #s were 1 3 19 20 21 30, so what? There's always a winning lottery play out there, but who catches it ? and most important with good enough size to make it worthwhile ?

Silly posts.

#42     Oct 4, 2015

3. Hence the Should've, would've, could've.

• You should've done something, but you didn't.
    • You would've done something, but you didn't.
    • You could've done something, but you didn't.

It's an expression used to reflect on the past.

:)

#43     Oct 4, 2015
  4. It's tough for me to get on the train that we're going to see another positive upward move tomorrow. 2+ days at 1.4% and above.But the thought that people are going to push for that 2000 level is intriguing.

#44     Oct 5, 2015

5. The ET Hindsight Analysts are silent - they just need more data. They will be coming out of the woodwork after the market closes and give you some opinions on today's market action.

:)

#45     Oct 5, 2015
  6. Got you. It should be very interesting!

#46     Oct 5, 2015
  7. "'The reason the markets aren't going lower is people are holding and hoping...the market bottoms out when people are selling and sold out – not when they are holding and hoping. I don't think you've seen real selling in risk assets broadly. Markets need buying to go up and they need volume to go up. They can fall just on gravity."

Jeff Gundlach, Doubleline Capital

#47     Oct 5, 2015
  8. I was a bear most of the year, but I'm starting to get really bullish.
    Was bearish enough to think market would tank, but with price action last week...and follow through today, open minded enough to say we can make new highs and go much much much much higher.

Only other things I need in my system is biotechs and Nikkei 225 to give a bull signal.
    VIX seems like it will break a key support level, and ZB is weak as I said it should be yesterday. Commodities are all starting to bottom as well as crude.

#48     Oct 5, 2015