Do full-time forex traders exist or is it just make believe?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by zbojnik, Apr 4, 2013.

1. So during this side bar conversation, did anyone catch the wave on Eur today?

Some choppy stuff but at least it was directional.

#941     May 8, 2013
  2. Complete freedom is a noble pursuit--- but some have a desire to win, nothing is enough and it's with the same passion you have for freedom. Different strokes for different folks. Peace. surf

#942     May 8, 2013
  3. MillieJ

MillieJ

Hey you guys any of you on zulutrade? how are you trading ?

#943     May 16, 2013
  4. I have never traded forex, but was wondering why people trade retail forex vs the future equivalent ? Margin requirements ?

#944     Jun 19, 2013
  5. cornix

cornix

Significantly smaller transaction costs in many cases, which constitute smaller percentage of typical moves.

#945     Jun 19, 2013
  6. Smaller transaction costs because of trading smaller size in forex ? Or decreased cost on a roughly equal sized position in both ?

#946     Jun 19, 2013
  7. cornix

cornix

Of course same notional value considered. Spread is often much lower than 1 whole pip in spot and commissions too.

#947     Jun 19, 2013
  8. Especially in GBP, the half-sized 6B makes it 2x as expensive in commissions. Also, most crosses are illiquid on CME.

#948     Jun 19, 2013
  9. Yes there are many full time traders. Full time does not means that they spend 24 hours in trading it means they are doing just forex not other job . They spend most of the time in forex trading . Full time traders are mostly professionals they are high in profit.

#949     Jun 20, 2013
  10. peleus

peleus

Sorry to bump this up. I'm planning to use Forex as my full time job. What if you have loosing weeks? How do they cope up with that? I mean, we got bills to pay. [​IMG]

#950     Apr 13, 2014