Do full-time forex traders exist or is it just make believe?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by zbojnik, Apr 4, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

Ol'Yella,

can you please answer above. thanks.

#21     Apr 5, 2013
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_market

Of course full-time traders exist. Some work for themselves while others work for some bank. Just call your bank headquarters or check out their human resource department...they may just have their own traders or FX department.

You can even contact some of the FX traders @ http://www.dukascopy.com/

By the way, every year or every quarter...Dukascopy has this big FX trading competition (audited real money and sim) and the winners win this large cash prize, big award ceremonial and get job offers from some of the biggest FX firms in the business.

Yet, you see folks here at ET saying profitable traders that uses TA don't exist especially in forex but oddly during those interviews of the profitable (audited) FX traders...they talk about their charts and some even explain generally their use of "technical analysis".

Of course TA isn't the only thing they use...it's just one tool out of many they use but one thing they tend to talk about is money management, position size management, discipline, volatility and so on...less talk about TA but they say they use it.

Must be all faked. :D

P.S. How come folks from U.S. doesn't win those competitions...strange. :confused:

#22     Apr 5, 2013
  3. Does dukascopy give accuratet Time and sales information in a streaming format that can be logged and pasted to excel?

#23     Apr 5, 2013
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You should contact them...they're easy to contact if you have questions about their various platforms.

#24     Apr 5, 2013
  5. Thanks Ill try to do that monday.

#25     Apr 5, 2013
  6. cornix

cornix

You don't exist. :D

#26     Apr 6, 2013
  7. Touch yourself, do you feel anything ? :D

#27     Apr 6, 2013
  8. My FX guru asks me some questions....

1. do you want to work 10 minutes a day
    2. have no boss
    3. work in my underwear
    4. make 1,000's a minute
    5. retire early

I said YES.....and then he asked for $2,000. wow, what a deal!!!

After the first week, he has lost 20,000 paper trading and I took my $2,000 trading account to $400. this was strange, since he blog ONLY had winners.....big time winners!!!! but he told me this is normal in the short term....so i'm in it for the long haul!!!!

retail FX must be more comical than retail ES.......and almost as bad as the old grandma who goes to vegas with tons of coins.....I will take down Vegas will $100!!!!

hope.........the dream of being special...........LOL.

now put down that mountain dew and triple whopper and own the Euro!!!!

#28     Apr 6, 2013
  9. The short term market in FX sucks ass these days. There is no fluidity in price action any more like the good ole days.

Longer term is about the only thing that seems to look somewhat normal.

#29     Apr 11, 2013
  10. well, they exist, but they trade in their pajamas, their wife is long gone, all their kids are for the most part out on their own and only need help when you want to give it, and the rent on their convenient 2 bedroom (one for trading one for sleeping) apartment is only $500/mo.

but at anytime with a click of the mouse, they can start having their dividends paid in cash.

but yes, once the forex account hit a nice big round number, I just decided at the end of the month I would sweep 50% over that amount. Most of it goes to Uncle Sam, but I lost 25% of my account in Feb, and still got a check which paid the rent, and a little left over for cigarettes.

#30     Apr 11, 2013