Did DB and the Price Action Scribblers Throw in the Towel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Jul 9, 2015.

1. The recent volatility has wiped out multiple naive traders such as the price action folks, straight liners and scribblers.

There was a frenzy of posting , then silence. This is indicative of these guys just giving up due to multiple losses.

They likely have turned to art or something as that is their talent.

surf

2. believe it or not, it's summertime and people actually tend to leave their house and enjoy themselves

of course you've never left your basement so you automatically think everyone else must be like you

3. Volatility usually gives most traders at least some degree of indigestion.

The recent couple of months, however, should have been better than average for trading for those "with a clue".

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    masterm1ne, i960 and marketsurfer like this.
  4. jsp326

jsp326

DB is a fraud in all ways: trading, politics, et. al.

As for the "pure price action" traders in general, they talk a big game that sounds good to newbies...or post-newbies who have been burned by bad vendors, systems, traditional indicators, etc. However, I've never seen one post substantial proof of their profitabilitty...and I've challenged several on other forums. Intead they give cherry-picked trades and "brilliant" hindsight analysis.

der_kommissar likes this.
  5. Ditch

Ditch

Maybe they are all off to DB's boot camp for strugling scriblers.

marketsurfer likes this.
  6. One needs an actual edge. 'Price action' doesn't cut the mustard so I'm not surprised that you've been unable to find a 'price action trader' able to prove any sort of consistent profitability.

marketsurfer likes this.
  7. No dude, I'm making more money now than I ever have. My daytrading methodology very closely resembles DB's model. I have a couple tweaks of my own, but otherwise it's same ol' enter on pullbacks and ride until it stops sort of deal. (except for CL, a tiny bit different with the exits) Made enough money today to pay for the new autopilot that I'm putting on the boat. Too bad I'm still a scatter brain. (I left the water running at the dock and accrued a $1200 water bill lol.) Taking tomorrow off, heading to the Bahamas.Third time in 6 weeks. Lets meet up someday. We're practically neighbors.
    Cheers.

VPhantom, londonkid and Money Trust like this.
  8. Nice! Good to hear you are doing well--- i live on the ocean but don't have a dock across the street. Sucks about the water bill-- my ex wife use to get H2o bills like that!

Is the palm beach boat club worthwhile to join for soneone just starting out? surf

9. Yeah. They seem to make money at times but not consistently.

10. I would join the PB boat club if I didn't have my own dock. You can use a variety of different boats which, I think, is a plus. I have a friend who is a member of a local club and he seems very happy.

#10     Jul 9, 2015