Did anyone have problems with Rithmic on 28 Feb?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by pn123, Feb 29, 2024.

1. pn123

pn123

Did anyone here experienced problems with Rithmic data feed or RTrader Pro platform on 28 Feb? I was not able to log in to a demo server for over 4-6 hours. After several attempts, I logged in but there were no quotes, or the quotes were delayed.

Please specify the server you were connecting to and approximate time and duration of any technical issues you experienced, if possible.

Your contribution will be greatly appreciated.

datachecks32541 likes this.
  2. pn123

pn123

Not a single user had any problems? If you have, please post

3. I had somewhat similar problems but its been persistent unexplained wildly inaccurate/missing data regardless of server type.

4. pn123

pn123

Thanks. This might be just a glitch of charting part of RTrader Pro. Did you get quotes in DOMs?

5. Its been confirmed to me that there is a data problem. Regardless its been a problem that suddenly appeared a few weeks ago now when there wasn't any issue with this and subsequently there hasn't been a fix for. It matters significantly for running various things. Quotes in DOMs generally work but there was even about a 10 minute gap in MES on 1 minutes bars.

What do you see when you load long term front month MCL and have you been able to get access in the first place now?

6. pn123

pn123

For MCLJ4.NYMEX I see normal quotes in the DOM. No issues

7. What do you see for the long term though not the DOM? This has been what I've seen for multiple weeks now and it's still extremely incorrect.

8. pn123

pn123

I see odd, artificial wicks. I formed my opinion about Rithmic - it is a 2-3 people operation, with little and unresponsive Support, platform you often cannot log into, horrible charting package, no data displayed (?), etc. I made a mistake switching from CQG and I am going back to them. In my opinion, platform providers, data feed providers should also be regulated and subject to some requirements (minimum support response time, staffing level, equity capital, privacy of orders ensured, etc.). Perhaps one day in the future...

datachecks32541 likes this.
  9. It's somehow even worse today. As far as regs the thing is there are already civil and criminal laws relevant to several of these types of issues depending on their nature both from a government prosecution perspective as well as a litigation perspective (there is pretty clear precedent as well as law about false promises, providing what you advertise in exchange for consideration etc though obligatory I'm not a lawyer and this isnt legal advice). So because of that as well as the basic provision of reasonable service as a financially interested business it's fairly odd to me that this is such a constant widespread thing. There are several different threads about basic data accuracy.

Further in this specific context simply rebuilding a database of a time series of transactions shouldn't exactly take much doing if there was any even halfway competent backup unless it was some really crazy situation. You literally just roll it back. Shouldn't take more than a day to get the master record back and it should be practically real time to do regular basic data checks prior to it making any changes, as well as routinely for information assurance, from the CME official data in this context since it is readily available that would catch this very quickly. This doesn't take a team of like 1000 CS/engineers. I used to have a script that did something like this years ago that took less than a day to write. This was before data from CME was as widely available and I'm not a programmer. The way I wrote it wasn't exactly very bandwidth efficient nor particularly clever/elegant but it got it done for what I needed. In modern bandwidth/storage/compute contexts you really dont even have to be anywhere close to clever about it and yet it would be an immense improvement vs having issues like this for over a month.

I know there were issues like this to varying extents, but honestly not this extreme, a decade ago. Its absolutely bizarre that in an industry that tries to talk about being so smart yadda yadda people cant manage to do basic database integrity checks that were common with installation packages from over 20 years ago.

Quanto likes this.
  10. Enormous data gaps and lags in real time today.

#10     Mar 18, 2024