Develop DIY Algorithms—Safely

Discussion in 'Events' started by TT News, Aug 12, 2015.

1. I don't understand this whole back and forth. The list of supporting brokers must be on the TT website -- ?

#51     Sep 14, 2015
    Gambit likes this.
  2. Gambit

Gambit

Thanks for your reply Jason. I don't want to speak for volpunter but I'll offer my 0.002. Most traders would prefer a seamless integration of strategy and execution. The faster one trades, the more vital it becomes. The rolling average and realtime calculation that volpunter referenced is vital to a lot of modern strategies. Perhaps in the future, ADL will have a tighter coupling of strategy and execution which is where you seem to be headed.

And I'll reiterate a couple of my previous points. If you truly intend ADL to be a rapid strategy development tool, the underlying infrastructure has to support it at a reasonable price point. I took a little time to speak to a couple of hosting providers that provide TT hosting.
    From what I gathered, there are several moving parts to TT. A user server and two different gateways are the major components (please correct me if my terminology is off). In order to host all three parts on one server and create a "Nirvana TT box", it will cost approximately $4000 a month. This does not include the cost of purchasing a new server. At $4000 a month, why not just use Stellar, Rival Trader or Optionscity w/ hosting? You've stated that TT has a new ASP model which makes the nirvana TT configuration unnecessary. Which FCMs provide the new ASP model? Shouldn't this list be made public? Thanks again.

#52     Sep 14, 2015
  3. Gambit

Gambit

I don't think it is. That's the problem.

#53     Sep 14, 2015
  4. Gambit

Gambit

EDFMann capital supports the new TT asp configuration. Not sure about cost.

#54     Sep 15, 2015
  5. Gambit

Gambit

Advantage Futures supports the new TT configuration. $1200 per month I think.

#55     Sep 17, 2015
  6. Gambit

Gambit

AMP will support the new ASP config in 1-3 months. Not definite.

#56     Sep 17, 2015
  7. Gambit

Gambit

Guavatech will host the TT nirvana config for a very reasonable price. Server rental may be available. They will configure the network cards and server as well. PM for a contact.

#57     Sep 17, 2015
  8. Gambit

Gambit

Optimus, an introducing broker to AMP, will offer the new TT whenever AMP gets it.

#58     Sep 24, 2015
  9. Gambit

Gambit

FYI Cunningham Trading Systems may release a spreader this year. Not hosted but you can lease a server and cross connect into their system. Roughly $300 a mo. An option for the budget conscious.

#59     Sep 24, 2015
  10. Drew Shields

Drew Shields Sponsor

Gambit, on the new platform, you can get speeds dramatically better than on anything we've offered before without any infrastructure costs at all. It's truly Software-as-a-Service. If you do want a 'nirvana' style setup, we will be offering that in early 2016 and it will be considerably less than $4000 per month. I don't yet know the specific prices but I'm certain it will be less than that.

I expect a list of brokers to be posted on our site within the next couple weeks.

#60     Sep 27, 2015
    Gambit likes this.