dedicated server hosting close to CME area

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nilats, Sep 29, 2015.

1. just21

just21

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    #21     Sep 30, 2015
    cjbuckley4 and kinggyppo like this.
  2. Not sure how things are set up in the US, but internationally this claim certainly does not apply. The broker/FCM is ALWAYS in between your order entry point and the execution venue. Who else would run your pre-trade risk? To my knowledge Rithmic is a technology/system vendor and not an FCM. Unless that hunch is wrong your FCM will always be in between.

#22     Sep 30, 2015
  3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Rithmic has their own IT hosting. If you are using their API, this will save you money as their hosting is competitive. I had one client use them with no complaints.

#23     Sep 30, 2015
    cjbuckley4 and xandman like this.
  4. just21

just21

The broker/FCM risk check will be on the same rithmic network in Aurora data centre.

#24     Sep 30, 2015
    cjbuckley4 likes this.
  5. minmike

minmike

Why does end of day batching concern you in the least? It has nothing to do with trading speed. People who know a whole lot more about this stuff than I have said Dorman is competitive with Wedbush and most if not all Chicago FCM's as far as speed.

#25     Sep 30, 2015
  6. rb7

rb7

What do you mean exactly by "work fast"? Any idea of your maximum response time you are expecting?

How much gain are you looking at compare to the speed you would get by trading from your home (assuming you're in North America)?

#26     Sep 30, 2015
  7. #27     Sep 30, 2015
  8. how so? And what do you mean with "rithmic network". Could you please elaborate? Rithmic is a technology vendor not an FCM or broker. Your FCM must be somewhere in between. Maybe they are in the same data center (not network) but in any case your orders must by exchange regulations go through a pre-trade risk check of an exchange/clearing member.

#28     Sep 30, 2015
  9. just21

just21

CME Aurora send market data to rithmic market data server on a LAN in Aurora. Rithmic market data server send it to your server or vps on the same LAN in Aurora. Your algo decides to trade and sends the order through the FCM risk check server on the same LAN and then to CME matching engine in Aurora.

#29     Sep 30, 2015
  10. so, the FCM is in between your order submission and matching engine, exactly what I said. I guess the term "on the same network" then was just misunderstood by me.

#30     Sep 30, 2015