DBPhoenix Posts/Journals

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Chris Paciello, Apr 22, 2016.

1. I got the full 400 updated book from DbPhoenix himself. Amazing so far! There is a lot of great information that can be utilized in many aspects. I just skimmed it so far to get an idea of what it contains but has a lot of detailed info.

Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction.

Has anyone use SLA/AMT strategy on a daily basis? If so, what is your results so far?

Thanks again everyone.

#11     Apr 25, 2016
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You should just visit his threads here to see whom was using the method and then send a private message to those traders...asking questions about their use instead of hoping someone will see your question.

#12     Apr 25, 2016
    Chris Paciello likes this.
  3. What aspects? Money making aspects, I hope? : )

#13     Apr 25, 2016
    Chris Paciello likes this.
  4. If you use it that way. Yes. Money making aspects for sure.

#14     Apr 25, 2016
  5. I'm not far into the DB's book (obviously) but I can honestly say its a must read for all. I'm not promoting it by no means so please don't turn this thread in that aspect. I have huge respect for DBPhoenix and all that he has shared. Ive briefly read some posts about him not "proving" his trading by posting live trades, etc. and that's ridiculous.

#15     Apr 25, 2016
  6. With all due respect...

Let us know when you've actually consistently made substantial returns (certainly at least beating a buy and hold strategy) from his teachings. I doubt he's done so himself, so I wouldn't expect it from his students either.

In my experience, it's very easy to be enthusiastic about something you read. If feels very smart. Very do-able. But, usually, there's a quite a gap between that cosy feeling and actually developing a clever and profitable method day in and day out.

No offense. : )

#16     Apr 25, 2016
  7. I'd like to speak with new traders that have studied SLA/AMT method and get their thoughts and ideas from it.

#17     Apr 25, 2016
  8. Out of curiosity, what have you been doing for the past 10 years since you first signed up on here? I ask because if you have been even casually studying the markets, much of what he describes in the PDF I imagine you should have already picked up elsewhere.

You will notice that in real time, all the hindsight charts and analysis have less value, and even less so when you're actually in a trade.

We have lots of guys here at ET who are masters at calling direction, and yet very few actually make money on their calls, or put their money where their mouth is and hence take the trade that they believe in so much based on the way they post about being sure about where price is going. Therefore, only showing what could have been done on a hindsight chart, without showing what is actually being done in real time, or even what was done at the end of the day, ends up being only a small fraction of what trading is actually about. And unless you have 95% of the necessary skills down pat, you've got nothing. So the PDF might be a nice start, but so is picking up a cook book and expecting to be on Iron Chef!

#18     Apr 25, 2016
    Money Trust likes this.
  9. I see what you are getting at and I'm not that naïve. There's no "cosy" feeling of thinking I found the Holy Grail here. Its more about knowing that there are some very good useful information that can be used in several ways. It could be to learn the SMA/AMT method or to apply certain things to my current style of trading. A million ways to use it and benefit from it.

There can be a book that shows someone EXACTLY how to trade and what to do to be profitable and still some people won't be profitable following it. Does it make it wrong? No.

#19     Apr 25, 2016
    Laissez Faire likes this.

10. I've been doing a lot.

Again, I'm not one to think that a PDF is gonna make me a Master Trader so no need for the Iron Chef analogies.

I'd really appreciate if we don't change the direction of this post on what I was originally intended it to be. It appears there are many other threads on their thoughts of DB's posts and such, so please don't turn this into another one.

Thank you

#20     Apr 25, 2016