convexx's "hitting bids and lifting offers" ETF options

Discussion in 'Journals' started by convexx, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convexx

convexx

No, I actually trade more 121s and RTVN-calendars in managed and personal accounts. I may as well trade asym if I am paying the offer. It depends on my projection of price & speed. With sym I am truly looking for a body touch. With asym it's far more complex (drift, decay, var, skew).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    #41     Sep 16, 2014
    .sigma and scr12 like this.
  2. convexx

convexx

I will add to Q-hedge on a trade of 2002 SPX.

#42     Sep 16, 2014
  3. convexx

convexx

#43     Sep 16, 2014
  4. convexx

convexx

25 lot per 100K on Q; 21 lot at 4.36; 4 lot at 4.58.

#44     Sep 16, 2014
  5. convexx

convexx

I feel pretty good about today; save for neutering the VXX position. Too early on reaching body on SPY and NDX, hence the large Q-hedge. Q-hedge will produce the equivalent of 18 SPX points at the midpoint between my body and wing-strikes (on the upside) on my asym positions, so I am comfortable with the risk, at the moment.

It's very difficult to arbitrarily to trade AT NBBO pricing.

#45     Sep 16, 2014
  6. convexx

convexx

I am going to limit my posts to my own personal threads -- or specific content solely related to optionality and trading. No tangents; no bickering with degens.

A lot of personal and professional stress and posting here isn't a healthy outlet, but I am committed to completing this journal. Ridding this site of dubious types isn't going to happen (again), so it's a destroyer of productivity. I get 22.5 hrs of sleep during the trading week and that's got to change.

Thanks for reading.

#46     Sep 16, 2014
  7. We do appreciate your efforts and your threads.

Good trading to all.

#47     Sep 16, 2014
  8. convexx

convexx

Tracking lower on VXX, but above marks on NDX and SPY. QQQ hedge is up enough to cover the entire NDX debit.

#48     Sep 17, 2014
  9. convexx

convexx

EOD update:

QQQ hedge is still marked up. All index positions are up, some markedly. VXX still the loser.

#49     Sep 17, 2014
    phili likes this.
  10. convexx

convexx

US shares above n-period MA:

[​IMG]

#50     Sep 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.