convexx's "hitting bids and lifting offers" ETF options

Discussion in 'Journals' started by convexx, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convexx

convexx

I guess this is the outlier move on the holidays. I hope we get a lot of snow in Manhattan this Winter.

Someone asked... I am probably wrong to take the 2.6% gain on debit on the condor, but the premise was for a move to neutrality predicated on stat-vol remaining <ATM vol. Vol and price prediction. Obviously that was moot on today's open. It was mildly profitable, but I would've worked it on the open, regardless of the net vola paid.

If in doubt, get out. The premise was null the moment it became a bull-spread. Entirely different set of circumstances had it been Oct3...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    #121     Sep 29, 2014
    kinggyppo likes this.
  2. convexx

convexx

Just printed a short-term bullish signal on SPY (197.02). I'll have something on near the close.

#122     Sep 29, 2014
    samuel11 likes this.
  3. convexx

convexx

#123     Sep 29, 2014
  4. convexx

convexx

#124     Sep 29, 2014
  5. convexx

convexx

#125     Sep 29, 2014
  6. convexx

convexx

I'd expect a touch of NDX 4070 this week as well as 1990 SPX, at minimum. Bullish here.

#126     Sep 29, 2014
    voltrader1 and Scaleout.Scalper like this.
  7. convexx

convexx

I received an unannounced visit from Nevada SEC and State regulatory (out of Carson City) today at my home. Three civil servants asking me questions about my public posts and trades. Obviously I have really jerked someone's chain here, but no matter. I am an open book and will enjoy busting their balls.

I am absolutely within my right to post trades publicly as I see fit to do so. And if not, I can always flee to the family's home in Carnelian Bay. ..!.. ;)

They damn near sh*t themselves when they received the business card of "uncle Bob" my attorney and top-100 litigator. I know they'll be reading this... so in case the emoticon didn't translate.

GFY.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    #127     Sep 29, 2014
    Jimmy Ray and voltrader1 like this.
  8. lol omg.

I WONDER who was behind this attempt.

#128     Sep 29, 2014
  9. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

Too far...

#129     Sep 29, 2014
  10. Your niece is a real stickler...