Citadel founder Kenneth Griffin seeks to divorce wife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Jul 25, 2014.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Richest person by state....

Illinois: Ken Griffin, rightCEO of Citadel Investment Groupr

13of51
    Illinois: Ken Griffin, right
    CEO of Citadel Investment Group
    Net worth: $5.5 billion

#11     Aug 3, 2014
  2. "A lad would only file" -- your contention is that all of the women (or even almost all) that are divorced by their husbands have "deep mental disorders"?

That's really crackpot thinking.

#12     Aug 3, 2014
  3. The physionomy is very much fine, the money is not an issue there... so it would be really interesting if we could be enlightened about the "psychology" :).

I persist : most divorces are instigated by women.
    For a lad to file, the woman has to have exhibited deep mental problems. :)

#13     Aug 3, 2014
    unregisterred likes this.
  4. It's a huge (and inane) leap to assume because women instigate most divorces that when the lad does (as you seem to call 40 and 50 year old men) the woman HAS TO HAVE deep mental problems.

Suppose this "lad" met someone else that he believes will make him happier or the current wife has not kept up intellectually or has failed to keep his interest sexually. None of those prove DEEP MENTAL PROBLEMS yet any of them could encourage a man to seek greener pastures particularly if there are no kids involved.

Marriage is an incredibly complex relationship -- I've been in my second marriage for 33 years -- and few blanket statements hold water. BTW, I initiated the divorce from my first wife and she was and still is of reasonably sound mind.

I am now questioning my own mental state getting involved in this discussion.

#14     Aug 3, 2014
  5. Sorry SwanNoir : I actually spent a LOT of time on divorce stats , as I was volunteering in related area.
    EVEN if the man meets a much better match, divorcing is much more an unlikely thing for the man to do if there is no mental health issues from the woman part.

May be you are uncomfortable with "generalities".
    Would you ask extra questions is someone tells you "Oh this man just loves shopping" for instance. If so why?

#15     Aug 3, 2014
  6. Your statement wasn't a generality it was an absolute. Now you are changing it to a generality to make it defensible. The tune has changed.

#16     Aug 3, 2014
  7. Oh man Swan Noir : why are you taking it personally?
    Let's not go the "sensitivity route". Remember this is a forum for traders, by traders.
    why do you think most divorces are instigated by women ?

#17     Aug 3, 2014
  8. Why would you pretend that somehow pointing out how absurd the progression is in your posts and intellectually dishonest it is taking it personally. Go back ... look at your initial statements and defend them if you can.

Pointing out how inane your statements are is not being sensitive or taking things personally it is dealing in fact. I'm a New Yorker. The last thing we took personally here was 9/11.

#18     Aug 3, 2014
  9. Swan Noir : very interesting.
    absurdity, intellectually dishonest, inane : what about applying this on yourself. :)

Why do you bring 9/11 here : has ANY of your family members died then?
    ARE you helping ANY of the family members who are still looking for the FULL truth?
    What are you doing as a New Yorker for these families ?
    And I mean concretely : have you spent any minute of YOUR time listening to them and why they
    are still looking for , as they say , the full truth about the death of their family members?
    Actually, do you EVEN care for these families members whose members have died, and are still
    there anguishing about knowing what "really happened" ?
    Do you know how many of these family members are still actively looking ?
    Be REAL : the people who have lost members there are still wondering about the "truth" :
    when are YOU going to go and help them on this aspect?

#19     Aug 3, 2014
  10. convexx

convexx

I've seen her out and she's much better looking than she appears in pics. She's definitely aged (as well all have). I'd think it has to suck to be married to someone in your same line of work. Married docs and lawyers have a very high divorce rate. I'd imagine the same is true in finance. And KG is a bit of a tool.

#20     Aug 3, 2014