Chronicles of the NQ

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Instynct, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Nice trade!

#151     May 3, 2016
  2. Yes.. was to be a swing-trade though. Watching ticks during the day and making rational decisions only for the 5% gifted day-traders of which I am not one. Trouble I have always had is watching ticks changes the trade objective in my mind.

Your handling is great in that you have other accounts that are not day-traded... Day-trading is NOT recommended for most mortals.

#152     May 4, 2016
  3. slugar

slugar

I'm not an expert at all but holding overnight for swings is to stressful for me. I prefer 10 point targets during the day

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    #153     May 4, 2016
  4. One of the best traders I have seen here, Lescor said he puts in his orders in the morning and leaves as price movement has a way of pressing emotional buttons. Ultimately every trade is a "swing" but the trader has to avoid being swayed from the initial objective. Price movement irritates me likely due to calculating $$$ subconsciously.. Any trader that suffers this must avoid watching as I know of no method to remove fear.

#154     May 4, 2016
  5. slugar

slugar

It's funny how so many great traders do things differently. Some of the best traders I know Redneck, handle and Wrb trader are able to watch the market while they are in a trade

#155     May 4, 2016
  6. Yes it is!.. Ultimately each trader needs to know which part of his/her personality CANNOT change and find the necessary means to resolve other than just willpower. Once ego is set aside change can happen... Resorting to what Lescor does is not failure but doing whatever is needed to be successful, which is why I think we play this game..

#156     May 4, 2016
    jas_in_hbca and slugar like this.
  7. If it doesn't break down soon, then rally (dbl bottom) coming... NQ seems to like to move off 100's.

#157     May 4, 2016
  8. Assuming you entered short somewhere in the 4360's, 20+ handles per contract is pretty good! You're doing great, play to your strengths my friend.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    #158     May 4, 2016
  9. Joined you 4313 long.. 8pt stop.

#159     May 4, 2016
  10. Stopped out +1.. Not sure why I didn't set a target exit in mid 30's resistance area.. the difficulty of trading 1 unit. you give up flexibility.

#160     May 5, 2016