Chronicles of the NQ

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Instynct, Apr 9, 2013.

1. slugar

slugar

I believe they are around $100 per month. I would think the russell would maybe move soon to another exchange

#131     Apr 26, 2016
  2. I was away from the markets when it ceased to be ER2...It seems that was a better fit since traders could have ES,NQ,ER2 all included with CME data fees.

#132     Apr 26, 2016
  3. slugar

slugar

I've never traded the Russell but from what I've read volume and movement were much better when it was at the cme

#133     Apr 26, 2016
  4. I trade related products to Russell (IWM) and some of the inverse ETF's...I'm not sure I'd touch this index with a futures contract...It has some serious illiquidity at times and can spike pretty hard...That said, it's not bad to trade small with other products.

#134     Apr 26, 2016
  5. slugar

slugar

I trade the nq and I really like it but would consider the russell contract if it moved to the cme

#135     Apr 26, 2016
  6. speedo

speedo

It actually moved FROM the CME. It used to be a good trader but as der kommisar stated, it could be fast and squirrely.

#136     Apr 26, 2016
  7. I have two hours to trade and then I head out to the day job. Being that I was one step behind the market today, that's probably a good thing! Ndx moving lower as you rightly pointed out. Markets look ready to make a big move one way or the other, Good luck!

#137     Apr 26, 2016
  8. No worries! I did not know you traded TF. What is the reason to trade that over NQ?

#138     Apr 26, 2016
  9. I see less back-fill with TF.. moves are not for the meek..o_O and tend to cover ATR in a flash. It sits and churns less often than NQ. Volume still ok for less than 10 unit pikers but after-hours is untradeable. The new fees have me thinking though.

AMP now offers emini Nikkei which conveniently opens 7pm Eastern time.. Good for those that have day jobs.. but I am usually too fried from the day job to think in the evening.

#139     Apr 26, 2016
    masterm1ne likes this.
  10. Running late to work today so didn't have time to post. I paid my stupid tax on trade #3. Note to Self: get in early, or don't get in at all!

First trade worked out perfectly as planned. Price action consolidated in a tight range during globex after a precipitous fall post apple earnings. So we know there were a lot of stuck shorts built up during the consolidation. Then at the opening, price made one more quick move down to break below globex and trap in more shorts, then ran it back up to shake out weak hands. Trap them and run them over lol. I went long at the turn and took it out on the extension above 4407.50. We saw this same pattern last Friday morning to which I also went long for a few points there. Then as price action rolled over, I shifted to the short side and took a scalp for a couple points. My read today was an A, execution a C, because of trade #3.

#140     Apr 27, 2016