CHF mess

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraDaToR, Jan 15, 2015.

1. destriero

destriero

They have learned nothing from the BOE. But they were cagey enough to recover >20B in reserve-losses in a single day.

#11     Jan 15, 2015
  2. destriero

destriero

ok, fringe degenerates gambling isn't really news.

#12     Jan 15, 2015
    loyek590 likes this.
  3. Funny thing is, the guy was number 1 at zulu trade last month in terms of AUM
    Lol

#13     Jan 15, 2015
  4. Lots of pain out there.. i would love to hear from my broker..

#14     Jan 15, 2015
  5. #15     Jan 15, 2015
  6. #16     Jan 15, 2015
  7. Excelmarkets goes bust..

Global Brokers NZ Ltd. STP's 100% of order flow and has sustained a total loss of operating capital.

https://www.excelmarkets.com/

#17     Jan 15, 2015
  8. clacy

clacy

Wow, that's rough. It is a great reminder to use reasonable leverage because you never know when a black swan event is going to hit. 30+% moves in a currency that is often leveraged 50-to-1 is a recipe for disaster.

#18     Jan 15, 2015
  9. Ok, now I understand the problem. People were not able to close their losing positions because of illiquidity, where a stop loss could not be executed. So basically they were exposed to unlimited loss. This kind of sh*t can happen to any currency and none of us are safe no matter how we protect ourselves.

I think countries with central banks doing this kind of stuff should be invaded by the rest of the world

#19     Jan 15, 2015
    SwingToWin likes this.
  10. If I was a client of FXCM (which I am not and never was) I would think very hard and very long whether to maintain any significant funds with the firm. Their capitalization and funding looks to stand on incredibly shaky grounds.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

#20     Jan 16, 2015