CDC confirms Texas patient is first case of Ebola diagnosed in U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Sep 30, 2014.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Actually the leftist approach is to do nothing relative to problem solving and watch the problems go from bad to worse. Shall we start with ISIS and Odumbo being warned up to 2 years ago about this being a serious problem and he did NOTHING!

#21     Sep 30, 2014
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And your rightist solution would be what?

#22     Sep 30, 2014
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Or demean those who see the problem for what it is. Anything to avoid reality.

#23     Sep 30, 2014
  4. jem

jem

My approach would be to eliminate all non essential travel for the time being... (we can set up the definition of essential after a quick give and take) and then allow citizens to return and essential travelers to spend time in a quarantine. I read somewhere that 21 days might be needed.

That would be my approach until someone presented a better one.
    Intelligent governance does not have to be difficult.

#24     Sep 30, 2014
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) We don't have the benefit of intelligent governance
    2) You'd have to assume the Obongo regime even wants to protect us from Ebola in the first place. All evidence to the contrary, of course.

#25     Sep 30, 2014
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Fear. They're afraid of everything.

#26     Sep 30, 2014
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And how exactly, legally, would you accomplish all this?

#27     Sep 30, 2014
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Maybe they're right, so let's calibrate. What other advanced nations, our peers, had such travel restrictions in place at the time of this man's entry?

#28     Sep 30, 2014
  9. Ebola is something else. The number of particles needed to infect a person is 1-10. One particle will do it. It can survive for quite a while on surfaces. Cases are overflowing hospitals, have been for weeks, in Liberia. Anybody in Liberia could have Ebola. A guy flew from Liberia to Dallas... Is it just me or is the Federal Government a complete waste of our money?

#29     Sep 30, 2014
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

They're worthless .. no accountability ever! And excuses constantly. And as a federal employee it's virtually impossible to be fired. So incompetence abounds.

#30     Sep 30, 2014