Calendar backspread

Discussion in 'Options' started by the learner, Oct 2, 2014.

1. And you need to stop breathing.. I mean thinking..

#21     Oct 5, 2014
  2. convexx

convexx

ok sailor, show us the long thetazzzzz.

#22     Oct 5, 2014
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What are you talking about? All the months do trade in relation to each other.
    Are you saying that negative forward variances occur on the surface?

Read convexxs explanation of the earnings example. It's good.

#23     Oct 5, 2014
  4. You will need to come to motel6 for me to show you a loonnngggg Theeeetaaaa

#24     Oct 5, 2014
  5. convexx

convexx

I can show you a long backspread that is long theta. The SPX 1700/1950 put backspread. Long two of the 1700s, short one of the 1950s; pick a duration. It's so wide that it's a short put while conforming. Nobody would trade it as a b-spread as it's the risk on a short put.

Why are you and windleshits so intent on immortalizing your ignorance?

#25     Oct 5, 2014
  6. Please see the previous comment..

#26     Oct 5, 2014
  7. what a shame people here choose to lose by ignorance of all the risks- after 15 years of profitable trading I'm enough of trying to help people see the picture. Education is expensive-lack of education is seriously expensive-and PIN risk for the idiot poster- what did Fisher Black say about it? Do your homewrok and stop being so arrogant

#27     Oct 15, 2014
  8. Hi and thanks for the reply. I hope you can share your opinion about the calendar backspread strategy. :)

#28     Oct 15, 2014
  9. convexx

convexx

There is no pin risk in a calendar-backspread.

#29     Oct 27, 2014
  10. for a calendar to be optimised you run to expiry whereupon th front month goes out for zero-or you find yourself unpleasantly deep ITM nursing a loss-most people panic in expiry week- me included from time to time

#30     Oct 30, 2014