But what about copper ?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by syswizard, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Farmer-- he got creamed in 2008-- then, after we redeemed, the fund came roaring back--- the timing could not have been worse--- I shake and get panicky now every time I see a penny....

surf

PS it was unreal, seemed like a cant' lose situation with him owning the supply chain--- but man, I was in for a big surprise!

PS-- can we expect you and the philly contingent at the surf fest this year?

Party Location Contact
    Fund Registered Red Kite Prospect Fund I Limited (441) 298bbbb
    And Princip.........................

#31     Oct 25, 2012
  2. Unbelievable....again, markets will do that. They take you out, and then they go in your direction.
    The Philly trading contingent is no more. We had a tiny get-together 2 years ago in Manayunk...and that was it. I'd love to meet up though. I've now gotten involved with a new start-up that is doing tick data farming, co-location, and stat-arb.

#32     Oct 25, 2012
  3. Copper down again today. This has got to be a vote on weak demand from China and a stable supply outlook.
    It broke $3.50 today at the open. However, I see no strong support till $3.40.
    Shorts have got to be careful here....it's come down a long way in a short period of time.

#33     Oct 29, 2012
  4. Here it is Surf - I see what happened - WOW !

#34     Oct 29, 2012
  5. Weak, weak rebound in Copper today on Chinese yuan currency strength and currency strength from Japan. US Housing report also very positive.
    This pig is having a hard time flying.

#35     Oct 30, 2012
  6. Copper jumped up out-of-the-gate today. Once again, it failed to hold gains and went in the direction of the US equity market....straight down.
    Anyone getting the feeling that this guy is getting highly correlated to the S&P 500 index ?

#36     Oct 31, 2012
  7. Indeed ! Up today by almost 4 cents.

#37     Nov 1, 2012
  8. Entire rally of yesterday now gone at the open !
    This is screaming: "I'm weak".

#38     Nov 2, 2012
  9. And it was. Copper has broken the 3.50 mark on the downside.
    Net up: 3.40 and that level is HUGE for any bulls left standing.

#39     Nov 3, 2012
  10. Handle123

Handle123

I only trade Copper long term, sometimes will use options to hedge if I first enter on a Thursday/Friday, otherwise I try not to use them.

#40     Nov 3, 2012