BMT Elite Membership

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by trading_legend, Sep 21, 2013.

1. I think mild to moderate is about the right description with occasional bouts -- particularly in my youth -- where it spiked up. I'm sure self medicating with alchohol didn't help. As you probably know it's a very common way to deal with it.

Many years ago I kept a small office on E 64th Street just off Madison and Chris Wallace the CBS newsman lived a block or two away and, while I didn't know him at all, I would see him on the street from time to time. Each time we passed one another it struck me that he was in extraordinary pain. It was on his face and might as well have been written in neon. It was those brief and infrequent sightings that showed me I didn't really even know what it could be like at it's worst.

Later, I read that he had dealt with it all his life. Mav, to look at this poor man's face, it was amazing he could get out of bed never mind have the extraordinary career he had. I'm not making lite of what I dealt with ... as a kid it was tough, but compared to what others dealt with it has been a piece of cake.

#31     Sep 23, 2013
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Not probably my friend

Let’s also add;

Inability to accept and thrive in uncertainty / not knowing (which precisely where most hit the wall and go splat)

Anyone/ Everyone…, and their dog can trade – or teach another to trade

Few can think and act like a trader – and no one can teach another that

RN

#32     Sep 23, 2013
  3. Amidst a ton of uncertainty it certainly helps (helps a great deal) to be certain about that place where most hit that wall and go splat.

Nicely expressed.

#33     Sep 23, 2013
  4. d08

d08

I have mental issues as well but since I haven't been officially diagnosed I can't say for sure. All I know is I have ecstatic ups and extreme lows that often don't have any reasoning behind it. That's why I've taken the systematic approach. I don't trust myself to make discretionary trading decisions. To say all trading coaches are bi-polar or manic depressive, I just don't buy it.

#34     Sep 23, 2013
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nobody is saying that. There are 100's of mental disorders out there. And they ALL affect trading. And having extreme ups and downs is NOT what bi-polar disorder is. That is a symptom. They are not mutually exclusive.

#35     Sep 23, 2013
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You Sir :)

RN

#36     Sep 24, 2013
  7. No one is trying to apply a universal formula here. Before you "buy" or reject the concepts expressed make sure you are buying or rejecting the concept that -- in your terms -- is being sold. No one believes all or even most trading coaches are bipolar. I believe most have no edge in the market and they try to sell a losing methodology to the naive. It's a helll of a lot easier than sellling it to the market.

#37     Sep 24, 2013
  8. Please tell me if the elite part of the forum includes more smear jobs targeting vendors (also know as reviews, for PC reasons), I will comment on that, though electron has already put things in a proper perspective, I think.

#38     Sep 24, 2013
  9. Dos this mean that you are a vendor? What is your handle on the BMT forum. Mine was the same as here, was banned there in no time and my posts have been expunged, so no one ever knows how serious my crime was.

I think being Jewish was the real crime, though the official reason was "posting BS." Why not keep this "BS" for everyone to see and as a deterrent? Beats me.

#39     Sep 24, 2013
  10. dude..seriously..get over it...who gives a flying fuck about big mike trading forum...there are more important things in life than big mike ya know

#40     Sep 24, 2013