??? Bloomberg provide universal trading system ???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jk90029, May 20, 2016.

1. Furthermore, some broker does NOT provide its API.

However, every broker in every country does provide web-trading. (if I heard correctly)
    Some broker does NOT allow trading by chrome and firefox, however all allow explorer trading. (if I heard correctly)

#21     May 21, 2016
  2. d08

d08

I gave you the answer, you keep ranting on.

You talk as a big shot needing portability but are too cheap to spend $10, it doesn't make sense, no broker cares about your small account to be honest.

Pretty much everyone on ET has given up trying to help you, take that as a clue.

#22     May 21, 2016
    jharmon, conduit and SouthbeachCTA like this.
  3. As you felt, my primary language is not English / so that I need to confirm the meaning of any words repeatedly (again and again).

If it is considered as ranting, my attitude of writing should be changed.

#23     May 21, 2016
  4. d08

d08

English isn't my native language either but that's not a good excuse these days. FIX is what you are looking for and some people still use it. Most use APIs as they're faster and more modern.

#24     May 21, 2016
  5. Sir, I think you live in New York and can read and understand English.
    imho, that's all you need.

English isn't my native language either, but at least, I don't complain about it.
    A lot of traders in my country do not even understand English but they still do trading.

I read about a Japanese trader who started his account with $30K, and increased his wealth to $28 M in 8 years even though his English level was quite low.

I think you're doing alright. All the best with your plan to build automated trading!

#25     May 21, 2016
  6. If his cash grows from 30K to 28000K during 8 years, the annual return rate is 135% by
    (28000/30)^(1/8) = 1 + 1.351011

I don't trust his record (ONLY 8 years). After stock market is established 400 years ago in Netherlands. there was NO one (NO logic at all) who kept annual 20% compounded or more for sure. If there is ONE logic in the world for the 400 years, then Buffet and Gates should be broke now.

BTW I am out of states now(> 5 years). Hope to visit Wall St (NYSE) sometime for my first trip. I have never been south of 42nd Street. (Port Authority)

If someone argue ranting, I need to pay attention.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    #26     May 21, 2016
  7. When visiting NY, hope to see some ETers near Wall St, at some coffee shop.

#27     May 21, 2016
  8. Yes, you have mentioned coffee shop before. I am also a barista (but also PhD student in Finance, and I do involve in tutoring) and work at cafe on weekends cos I enjoy working with young girls, so you're not wrong about coffee shop. So don't only pay attention to customers cos there are baristas who are traders as well :)

#28     May 21, 2016
  9. I have a free mileage ticket to NYC ready. I will let you know after flight schedule ready. (probably within 2016)

BTW where is the coffee shop? (roughly such as 24th and Broadway) Let's call it ETers coffee shop.

#29     May 21, 2016
  10. Surgo

Surgo

You are so naive it is almost painful to read.

Have you ever in your life actually written a web scraper before? I have. It's some of the most fragile software you can imagine. Here's an exercise: go write a scraper to pull pricing data off of Amazon.com. This is probably the simplest practical scraper you could implement.

So now you've gotten a little experience writing a web scraper, now you want to create some software that interfaces with a broker by web scraping?! Let me tell you how that's going to go. Every time the broker makes some tiny little change to their website, your client will break. If you're lucky, it will break in a way that's immediately obvious to the user. If you're unlucky, it won't and it will do something like select 'market order' when the user asked for 'limit order' because web sites aren't APIs. Oops! That is even assuming that your little client is allowed by the broker's ToS (scraping like that usually isn't).

All this leads me to believe that you've never actually developed a serious project before because even a novice programmer would immediately recognize all of these show-stoppers.

#30     May 22, 2016
    bln, d08 and jharmon like this.