Bill O’Reilly Scores His Best Ratings Of 2015

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can parrot whatever you like, it doesn't make it reality. I'd have thought you would have learned your lesson on that in all the climate threads - with that link you were even warned about by the mods for posting over and over again.

#31     Mar 11, 2015
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

They're all part of the same emailed talking points. They get the email once a day/week with the talking points the "liberal army" is supposed to go forth and cover the internet with. Think I'm joking?

This is why they all show up with the same thread ideas and narrative within the span of one or two days.

#32     Mar 11, 2015
    gwb-trading likes this.

3. Bill O’Reilly Accused of Domestic Violence in Custody Battle

[​IMG]

Three weeks ago, a Nassau County Supreme Court justice ended a bitter three-year custody dispute between Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly and his ex-wife, Maureen McPhilmy, by granting custody of the couple’s two minor children to McPhilmy. Though nearly all documents pertaining to New York family court cases are sealed, Gawker has learned that the justice in the case heard testimony accusing O’Reilly of physically assaulting his wife in the couple’s Manhasset home.

According to a source familiar with the facts of the case, a court-appointed forensic examiner testified at a closed hearing that O’Reilly’s daughter claimed to have witnessed her father dragging McPhilmy down a staircase by her neck, apparently unaware that the daughter was watching.

The precise date of the alleged incident is unclear, but appears to have occurred before the couple separated in 2010. The same source indicated that the daughter, who is 16 years old, told the forensic examiner about the incident within the past year.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    #33     May 26, 2015
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Not that I really care, but do you have a better source than "gawker"? :)

All the article is pointing out is that a witness recalled talking to the daughter and hearing from the daughter that she witnessed violence against her mother. The mother never even claimed it. The rest of the testimony is quite hilarious. I highly encourage folks to read this article to see how flimsy it is.

Q: And Mrs. Anonymous told you about Mr. Anonymous’ tantruming (sic)?

A: She used that word.

Q: And M. described him as flipping out and being quote, scary and demeaning?

A: She used those words.

Q: And that sometimes that makes her cry?

A: She said that.

LOL!

Keep trying to take him down, Spike. A man has to have something worth living for.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    #34     May 26, 2015
  5. Someone call Roger Goodell, America's official home room monitor.

#35     May 26, 2015
  6. Bill O'Reilly's latest trick.

Bill O'Reilly's Campaign Against Undocumented Immigrants Backfires

Bill O’Reilly’s recent campaign against undocumented immigrants has backfired.

For the last week or so, the Fox News host has used the murder of 32-year-old Kathryn Steinle, whose suspected killer is a man who has been deported five times, as the pretext to go after “sanctuary cities” such as San Francisco that refuse to turn undocumented immigrants over to federal authorities for deportation. O’Reilly has proposed -- and is collecting signatures in support of -- what he calls “Kate’s law,” which would mandate a five-year jail sentence for anyone who returns after being deported.

Part of O’Reilly’s opportunistic crusade involves a dumb trick his show regularly uses. When interviewees decline the show's request for an interview, O’Reilly likes to ambush people during their daily routines -- walking to and from work, or in the case of The Huffington Post’s own Amanda Terkel, on vacation.

The way the gimmick works, O’Reilly’s producer shouts questions at the bewildered interviewee, who often has no idea what the guy is yelling about and walks away. The show then airs the staged encounter as evidence that the person is dodging questions from hard-hitting Fox News. It’s eye-rollingly immature.

But it seems to have backfired for O’Reilly this time. The show recently chased down San Francisco Supervisor Scott Wiener, who had declined a previous interview request, to badger him about the city’s sanctuary law.

But Weiner had a sharp response at the ready, telling the producer, “Fox News is not real news, and you’re not a reporter. I talk to real news only.” The encounter, which O’Reilly aired on his show, has gotten more attention than O’Reilly’s anti-immigrant campaign.

In a follow-up interview on the liberal site ThinkProgress, Wiener says the show has been “stalking various members of the board of supervisors for the last week. They went to someone’s home. One of my colleagues said they were following her around in her district last week.” Wiener, who said he regularly talks to conservative members of the press but believes Fox wouldn’t make a good-faith effort to represent his views, said he thinks O’Reilly is “tak[ing] advantage of a horrific crime to bash immigrants.”

The incident has reportedly made Wiener a hero in liberal San Francisco, where he says there is “a deep-seated frustration with Fox News and the fringe it represents.”

#36     Jul 16, 2015
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Are you trying to claim that major network reporters on ABC, CBS, and NBC never stalked people to get interviews. In fact it is quite common.

#37     Jul 16, 2015
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Every single local network has a "news on your side" group that does exactly that.

#38     Jul 17, 2015
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't think it backfired. I think San Francisco, the capital of moonbats everywhere, said "hell yeah, you tell em, Wiener!"

Everyone else, everywhere else just took it as another example of how that city is beyond saving.

#39     Jul 17, 2015
    gwb-trading likes this.
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Not to mention all the national news casts that follow the local news each evening.

#40     Jul 17, 2015