Best Stock Analysis and Trading Platform for C++? Open-Source or Commercial.

Discussion in 'App Development' started by aurora_ray, Jun 22, 2016.

1. InvBox

InvBox

Never never purchase M4 sources. Just a garbage. Had this one. Code like a mess of out of date techs. MFC, WinForms. Dammit! Guys are stuck in 2001 year. Got the 50% of refund during first week. Wasted my money.

#21     Dec 21, 2016
  2. Thank you for that valuable information.

#22     Dec 21, 2016
  3. In that case we could discuss the definition of free. The GNU project has a highly specific definition that is not what most people expect. So it all becomes semantics. Thank you for your information. :)

#23     Dec 21, 2016
  4. Thanks for your suggestion. In fact I did look at that project, but I'm looking for a more general purpose system that allows me to monitor what is going on and also make automatic or "manual" trades. Similar to any exiting broker interfaces. Yes I know I could use those platforms and the "proprietary scripting languages" that they offer, but again I want something fully customization in full strength C++.

#24     Dec 21, 2016
  5. InvBox

InvBox

A lot of trading framework based on python and C#/Java. Some of C++ frameworks that I know has extremely expensive price.

#25     Dec 21, 2016
    Macca1 likes this.
  6. Macca1

Macca1

Really, when did you purchase this? and how much did you pay? It's hard to believe considering the clientele.

#26     Dec 21, 2016
  7. InvBox

InvBox

At the end of 2015 year. I can upload some files from the package and share it for you and aurora. You can see it piece of garbage.

#27     Dec 22, 2016
    Macca1 likes this.
  8. InvBox

InvBox

Here is some screens of code repo (mess of C++, C#, VB languages):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of file just a code monkey style (spaghetti). No architecture. No design. Just raw coding-coding-coding. No any ideas how they can handle and support of this.

#28     Dec 26, 2016
  9. Hi aurora_ray,

I'm actually reaching out to the community for exactly the same thing. However my main tool is C#, I doubt I could get up to speed with C++ or would even want to as execution speed is not the highest priority for me, a couple of milliseconds latency is fine for me :)

I posted in the Trading Platforms forum if you're interested.

A few tips, SciChart is totally awesome for charting (that is a component you'd need to buy a license for however). That is WPF though, the guys at Modulus FE are selling their StockChartX library for about $1500 USD when I last asked them.

QuickFix is great and free open source. Recommended.

Speaking of design/architecture Akka is looking really good for event based architecture reactive messaging patterns however not sure if there is a C++ port yet as I'm using Akka.NET.

Reactive Extensions probably can't be beaten for the WPF GUI, however again is this even available for C++? You sound like a much more experienced dev than myself. If I could click my fingers and know any language it would indeed be C++ however I've been studying my ass off with C# for years so the sunk costs are too high to change now.

Oh and 'NoSQL' looks to be the way to go for persistence... many hedge funds moving in that direction now. MongoDB looks great and easy to work with.

AlgoTrader looks like a nice package but their price guide for a small operation was 10k a year. Hope they don't mind me quoting that here. Which is why I'm moving in the same direction as yourself.

Cheers!
    Chris

#29     Jan 8, 2017
    JefeTrader likes this.
  10. InvBox

InvBox

SciChart is good enough but it is overqualified. And not support many of trading features like time frame switching, indicators etc. On C# has many free to use charts. Even MSChart suitable for most of cases.

Strongly not recommend. Poor design. Tries to decompress a whole messages instead of streaming byte to byte. Has ton of layers to freeze end users systems and dramatically performance.

Again. Strongly not recommend.

Double plus. Especially for Rx.

Good to see experienced developer. Has a plans about no sql. Know a few successful stories around MDB.

#30     Jan 9, 2017