Best Accountant/CPA for Day Traders

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Alpha Trader, Aug 9, 2014.

1. @JSOP, did you ever end up finding a good accountant for Canadian tax for traders? So far I've been able to keep all my trading profits taxed as capital gains and I'd like to keep it that way. I live in a small city so when I talk to an accountant about short term trading and taxes, I'll typically just get a blank stare or some vague response. I'd be willing to travel to the big city and pay for some competent advice, but where could I find that?

#11     Aug 19, 2020
  2. Florian

Florian

I am also interested to find a Canadian accountant with expertise in incorporated trading

#12     Sep 22, 2020
  3. Incorporated trading might be nice, but in my situation, I would prefer to avoid all the extra work and record keeping and just keep all my trading as capital gains. I'd just like to know how far I can stretch it for my trading to stay as capital gains. Most accountants are probably going to push for the way to incorporate so they can make lots of money every year to do my more complicated taxes. I might make a little less profit if I can't short sell stocks or buy futures, but the tax savings should balance it out. This thinking is all centered/centred around Canadian tax rules, it may be different for your country.

#13     Sep 22, 2020