Backtesting platforms

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fan27, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Pager

Pager

I was looking at the TradersStudio website as this software is of interest to me next time I upgrade my PC, still running Tradestation 2000 but it is getting a bit long in the tooth so I need an alternative and this appeals as it says it can convert easy language script

The website though may be very out of date; it features a special that ends in March 2014? And there is no mention of compatibility with Windows 8, so is this software widely used and reliable.

I’m an end of day trader so any feedback from anyone who uses TradersStudio would be appreciated.

#21     Aug 3, 2014
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Sorry about the web site. We are working on TradersStudio Multicore, it's due out before the end of August, I am shooting for August 15th right now. We are also working on a new web site, completely redone. Yes the product works on Windows 8. I am using it on Windows 8 in my office. If you buy TradersStudio now you will get a upgrade to the multicore version for free, this means two full copies one of Professional and one multicore if you order before we release this new version.

When looking at a new computer make sure you get a i7 intel processor, AMD processors are cheaper but are much much slower on real multicore software. On a quad core machine the comparable AMD chip is 2.8X slower than the Intel one.

#22     Aug 4, 2014