Automated Trading - FAQs

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Alpha Trader, Sep 3, 2014.

1. LOL...What was the first,you thought or you wrote?

There are already 2 of them:

1.Chit-Chat;
    2.Politics and Religion.

You and all the Hershy tribe can play there ad nauseam

#121     Sep 10, 2014
  2. This seems like a little extra work for the mods ( @Magna ), but what a great idea! Mods, if this suggestion could be implemented, it would do the thread a great justice as it would bring in more related posts and readers.

A win-win really, for all.

Thanks in advance,

Alpha.

#122     Sep 10, 2014
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Unfortunately the new forum software does not allow the splitting-off of posts from threads as the previous software did. It wasn't used much but from time to time it was handy, and would've been nice to have that function here. So let's let sleeping dogs lie so to speak, and return to the topic of Automated Trading. If Jack wants to post whatever it is Jack likes to post he will need to do it on another thread, even better if he starts his own and sticks to it.

#123     Sep 10, 2014
  4. how the "concoction" parts going on?

#124     Sep 10, 2014
  5. rwk

rwk

I haven't found any indicators, whether concocted by myself or others, that can find anything that I cannot see in a chart.

#125     Sep 11, 2014
  6. You said you used it in the strategy,was my point.

#126     Sep 11, 2014
  7. rwk

rwk

I don't understand that. What I am doing in my trading now is remarkable basic. My edge is mostly that I rely heavily on automation and keeping my costs low. I am not particularly creative.

#127     Sep 11, 2014
    Alpha Trader and Brahmastra like this.
  8. Is it really necessary in architecturing a strategy?The creativity?

#128     Sep 11, 2014
  9. rwk

rwk

I think it helps to think outside the box, and that comes naturally to me because I'm something of a misfit. But I'm also envious of the more creative types. If we're doing the same things in the same way as everyone else, we tend to have the same outcomes.

#129     Sep 11, 2014
  10. "Same things" and "Same way" to me is charting and data series as a core everyone uses.One averages another and all that soup is boiling in the common pool called Market.

#130     Sep 11, 2014