Atheism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nursebee, May 20, 2016.

1. Even special relativity after the first release was later improved/changed to general relativity after many years of hard work/ further research since Einstein himself knew it was Not Good "Enough" from the beginning!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    #71     May 29, 2016
    Optionpro007 likes this.
  2. Guessing, particularly when involving bias or personal, does not help objective analysis! I think.

At least Jesus was not a religious fundamentalist, as far as I see. Of course, I could be very wrong! Just 2 cents!

#72     May 29, 2016
  3. jem

jem

once again we see many of the lefties on this site do not understand the difference between faith and fact.

believing in the multi verse or other universes takes faith
    believing that life evolved from non life takes faith
    believing that man made co2 is warming the earth takes faith.

why... because there is no peer reviewed science showing a multiverse or that life evolved from non life or that man made co2 causes warming.

similarly believing the bible is the inspired word of God takes faith.
    believing Jesus is God takes faith. (by the way your statement heavily edited needs to be established and inconsistent has not really been established either)

before you can argue we are skeptical of peer reviewed science...
    you need to produce some to support your arguments.

We are not necessarily skeptical of science we are skeptical that many on your team pretend your beliefs are scientific in the absence of peer reviewed science.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    #73     May 29, 2016
    traderob and Optionpro007 like this.
  4. jem

jem

its not the Bible.

since you are the one who says Jesus never existed arguing that Jesus kills based on a book not in the bible is a pretty bogus argument.

#74     May 29, 2016
  5. stu

stu

If it is science, then there is no belief or need for faith in
    'the multi verse or other universes,
    that life evolved from non life,
    that man made co2 is warming the earth'.

No faith in them if it is science. The physics, the math, the facts, ie the science, points to their presence.

It takes blind faith, usually blind religious faith, to refuse deny and feign the knowledge brought to everything through science.

#75     May 30, 2016
  6. stu

stu

What's in a name? That which is called a Bible by any other name would sound the same.
    Apocrypha; written by man, edited by man and then called the Bible by man, in the name of god.

And Goldilocks never existed either, but no one in their right mind would say it's bogus argument to talk about her in anything else but The Three Bears.

#76     May 30, 2016
  7. Therefore, rejecting the existence of God is also illogical/ meaningless, basically!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Non-Apocalypse

#77     May 30, 2016
  8. stu

stu

"In the broadest sense, atheism is the absence of belief in the existence of deities." same source

Can you explain logically/ meaningfully, how the absence of belief is belief . I guess not, basically!

#78     May 30, 2016
  9. That means they reject All forms of "Deities" that are already hardly defined, individually or collectively! A fairly strong belied indeed, in their rejection system/logic!

Perhaps also a strong belief in Self!

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    #79     May 30, 2016
  10. jem

jem

1. typical sophistry from a leftist drone.

2. I am the one supporting real science you are the troll acting as if something is scientific when it is really just a collection of ideas.

a. There is no scientific proof of a multiverse. As penrose said M theory is a collect of ideas. We don't know even one other universe exists.

b. we don't even have a complete plausible pathway showing how life could have evolved from non life.

c. co2 is also a coolant. NASA experiments show it to be a thermostat and the data shows warming and cooling lead co2 levels up an down. So while I too think co2 could amplify natural warming and cooling... there is zero peer reviewed science saying man made co2 is causing warming now.

You can jump up and down and point to false papers about 75 out 77 out of 10,000 being 97 percent or you can give us a link to Powells database... which I then show is a wrong because there are 1350 peer reveewed papers which are skeptical but you will not find any science saying man made co2 causes warming.

You are full of shit on so many levels...and you may not even realize it.

Here is a tip...

see if Stu presents a link to real science proving other universes or life evolving from non life or man made co2 causes warming.

or...
    see if he just bullshits and trolls his ass off as usual.

#80     May 30, 2016