Are you a successful at home day trader with no other source of income who began with modest means?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JTrades, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Visaria

Visaria

if i may make a suggestion, have a daily stop loss amount. You may be thinking that might turn some of the winning days into losing days but i betcha you would be overall up for the month since you would not have that big losing day.

#321     Jun 30, 2015
  2. blow my account almost 6 time ..before catch it how to be consistent ..Nothing is easy in life specialy Trading .

#322     Jun 30, 2015
    kk88 and elliots11 like this.
  3. DDR

DDR

Hi, yes I agree.
    I thought of looking for a platform that can program trading limits in it but at the end of day a trader needs to do this for himself.
    Controlling oneself "in the moment" is challenging.
    Just to add, " Never get married to your position no matter how good you think it is" ...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    #323     Jun 30, 2015
  4. Visaria

Visaria

for successful traders, read this book and apply it:
    Trading Risk: Enhanced Profitability through Risk Control

by Ken Grant

#324     Jul 1, 2015
    comagnum, marketsurfer and JTrades like this.
  5. DDR

DDR

Thanking you : ) Vis....

#325     Jul 1, 2015
  6. DDR

DDR

Nice to hear you made it.
    What were your results for June ?

#326     Jul 3, 2015
  7. Since I stoped post my P/L on Twitter ...I become a better trader ..Always watching others P/L make me trade with emotions to always want more ...finish by give everything back with major lose .

#327     Jul 3, 2015
  8. DDR

DDR

Yes I understand, however I don't have any problems seeing others do well. For me this does not effect my P/L.
    Giving back is breaking rules and not controlling emotions, not watching others P/L. Sorry to share this with you. So a better question for you is did you make money in June yes or no ?

#328     Jul 3, 2015
  9. Every trader is different, if you are comfortable watching guys making 30k a day and posting that's your problem ..I am focusing on myself only since I do that I am successful.

ps* first language is french

#329     Jul 3, 2015
    VPhantom and lawrence-lugar like this.
  10. DDR

DDR

Yes I understand, many successful people have used the fake it till you make it phenomena.

#330     Jul 3, 2015