Anybody else short US 30 Bond

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by richard_m, Dec 18, 2007.

1. elisab

elisab

Is UsdJpy anticipating a new rise in US interest rates?

#2511     Sep 3, 2013
  2. elisab

elisab

#2512     Sep 6, 2013
  3. #2513     Sep 6, 2013
  4. elisab

elisab

#2514     Sep 7, 2013
  5. elisab

elisab

#2515     Sep 8, 2013
  6. blakpacman

blakpacman

#2516     Sep 8, 2013
  7. elisab

elisab

#2517     Sep 11, 2013
  8. elisab

elisab

I am already noticing this kind of movement, the emerging central banks are forced to sell dollars to defend the local currency.

#2518     Sep 14, 2013
  9. But what happens to those treasuries once these emerging countries have already exhausted their reserves ? They are left with no reserves and nothing to sell, and an even less valuable currency.

#2519     Sep 14, 2013
  10. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Isnt the 2 year especially possibly overdone here. Fed will say easy money continues for short term rates.

Maybe they are ALL over done as those "balanced risk" funds are getting monkey hammered (ZH term) and dumping. Are they done sellimg in this pre fed pause?

Small, pin prick taper, may be fully and more than discounted.

Also, large foreign buyers, Japan, China in their own own interest cant lock our exported trade deficit dollars in a vault. It continues to be in their best interest to support our fiscal irresponsibility to recirculate our dollars and support dollar debasement by bidding our treasuries and keeping interest rates low.. A stong dollar/higher rates/tightening is not in their interest in their currency manipulations. (Sounds like Rommey)

Debt celing wll be raised of course and be a headwind for a rising dollar and rates on its own.

Gold is recently saying taper and higher rates but not last week.

Maybe everyone is already leaning too far too soon on higher rates trade.
    One thing i dont buy is the contributing compenent to higher rates of an improving economy. This is BS To me but stocks may climb forever.Why not?

Just throwimg some well known possibilities out there and they are not important. Just take the enlightened full offer of the market:confused:

#2520     Sep 15, 2013