Any successful intraday Dax traders here?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Aj2014, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Handle123

Handle123

30 points? Who risks that?

#61     Jun 1, 2016
  2. I see dax seems to move too fast sometimes, you may not act fast enough to cut your loss.

#62     Jun 1, 2016
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Sometimes, but I use Time stops and if not going my way fast enough I lock in a tick or target becomes a tick. I scalp so am not going for homeruns in the Dax but I do go long longer profits in Bund and add on if possible. Bund much more volume market, over half 3 minute bars gets 2000 contract and Dax today not even once-that is why the slippage, but it wiggles/waggles like ES

upload_2016-6-1_21-16-59.png

upload_2016-6-1_21-17-25.png

#63     Jun 1, 2016
    hurricane_sh likes this.
  4. Biggest stop i have on the Dax is 18 ticks. Am presently changing that as my updated system is getting higher % success rate due to a better entry strategy. So stop will be smaller.

#64     Jun 2, 2016
  5. Just a small change on Dax to 17 tick stop.

#65     Jun 2, 2016
  6. Time stop is a great idea, I've never heard of it before. So, after a certain period of time (like 30 minutes), you'll close your position?

es had a sharp decline at 8:30AM today, I closed my long position less than one minute before it, I thought how lucky I was to have avoided it. With time stops, I can minimize such risks. This is really a great idea I need to employ.

#66     Jun 3, 2016
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I use 3 minutes to 3 minute 20 seconds to lock in one tick, but often I either got partial or full target, when in negative my new target is plus one tick which in my scalping is up to 55% of my trades, since I ave down and all coming off at plus one tick when trade is negative, works out well.

#67     Jun 3, 2016
    hurricane_sh likes this.
  8. @4pipsSake,

I trade from the Gold Coast of West NZ and could never cope with the late stuff - teenagers might not have helped . My baby is HSI but HHI, STW, Nikkei, Kospi and some fx pairs could all give you profit while the sun shines.

Try Asia - it's the market for the 21st century :)

#68     Jun 3, 2016
  9. Are you in Aus? I'm actually from West NZ.

Was looking at trading the emini Nikkei but Ninja Trader hasn't sorted the platform to retain historical data. So am looking at other instruments. Thanks for your comment will have a look.

#69     Jun 5, 2016
  10. Yes, @4pipsSake. Over in Oz.

I use Sierra Chart - I used to use Ninja many years back but didn't like one of Ray's upgrades and switched. I always found Nikkei to be a bit low volatility. STW less so and HSI moves nicely. KOSPI never really spoke to me either - I think it needs a different style.

#70     Jun 5, 2016