Any successful intraday Dax traders here?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Aj2014, Mar 3, 2015.

1. barcadia

barcadia

I don't know how to program so I have to rely on my eyes to backtest.
    I'm just using technical analysis like trendlines, doubletops, support/resistance etc, which I assumed should work on any market? (if any of it actually works at all)
    I'm gonna leave the Dax alone I think, as someone told me that it's the hardest market there is.

Will try with some currency futures tomorrow.
    I just really feel as though it's all just something invented to sell books and seminars etc.
    The only time it seems to 'work' is when someone annotates a chart in hindsight.

Will see how I get on with EURUSD and GBPUSD tomorrow

#11     May 7, 2015
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The stuff you mention like doubltops, support/resistance are an analysis (not trade entry signals). For example, what was your trade entry signal when you saw those double tops/bottoms ?

Thus, maybe nothing wrong with double tops/bottoms analysis or s/r analysis...the issue may be your trade signals or may be your trade management after entry. Therefore, your problem should still exist if/when you trade something else.

Yet, it will be difficult for you to pinpoint your problem until you've done manual backtesting.

#12     May 8, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  3. sgeesala

sgeesala

My first post here @ elite trader. Was trying DAX futures for some super scalping. The market looks fantastic. Just have a trend indicator and scalp in that direction. Traded it over the last week in SIM..attaching the trades..

#13     Dec 19, 2015
  4. Buck

Buck

Hi Sgeesala. here are some fib levels worth noting if you trade the Dax. hope it helps DAX (day).png

#14     Dec 19, 2015
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Timing is a big part of trading.

Your timing to get interested in the DAX on the simulator this month of December is almost picture perfect...a great time to be trading the DAX.

Therefore, did you start simulator for the first time this month in the DAX ?

If not, I'm curious about how you performed in August, September, October and November especially the month of August.

#15     Dec 19, 2015
  6. check out dax gap trading for some ideas

#16     Dec 20, 2015
  7. sgeesala

sgeesala

Hi wrbtrader, I usually try scalping in brent futures but the volatility and the opportunities are less compared to DAX. Of course DAX is at some decent levels(higher) recently which brings in the volatility and that's is exactly why I was exploring DAX this week.

#17     Dec 21, 2015
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Have you backtested the DAX for the prior trading months ? If so, what were the results in comparison to December so far.

Traditionally the volatility slacks off in the Eurex futures after Dec 20th until a few days after Jan 1st. Thus, will be interesting to see if the DAX can maintain its December volatility for the remainder of the year.

#18     Dec 21, 2015
  9. sgeesala

sgeesala

Nope, haven't back-tested it, will do it if time permits. But upon seeing the charts it isn't that encouraging. So for now will stick to developing my strategy for Brent futures which is still "work in progress".

#19     Dec 21, 2015
  10. sgeesala

sgeesala

BTW, the way I traded DAX over the last week, it involved a lot of limit orders which somehow I feel very uncomfortable dealing with during backtests. Limit order have been a pain for me for quite some time. How do u deal with them? I usually use ESignal and NinjaTrader for my backtesting and started using AmiBroker for it's pretty decent multi timeframe support.

#20     Dec 21, 2015