amp review

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ballsofgold, Jan 29, 2015.

1. any recent reviews on AMP ?
    people using their free TT service ?

#21     Mar 12, 2015
  2. everything is pretty straightforward, delivered as written on the tin. no more, no less...

#22     Mar 12, 2015
  3. cool. how many RTs do you do a day with them ? where are you based? i am in UK - should I be worried about speed issues ?

#23     Mar 13, 2015
  4. well it depends on market volatility. plus, as it is just a side account, I don't have time to trade it actively. so on spread trades, it can be anywhere from 20 to 50 lots per day, in and out..but without trading everyday. once you go over 2400 lots per month, then you are better off doing the standard 1200 usd per month.

in terms of speed, TT has a server side engine which a user at any firm would be sharing if you are trading customized spreads, I assume. That is something you have to check with TT directly and it is not something AMP specific. Flat price orders get routed to the exchange directly. So you should not have speed issues unless you setup your autospreader for desktop execution, but I never set my autospreader for desktop execution, so I have no idea on that front. At the end of the day, with the server side execution, your desktop just becomes an order routing front end which is pretty fast as long as you have a good internet connection.

the only issue with AMP, customer service is very good, but they seem to be lightly staffed. This is good for them as a firm bc the new broker model has crushed commissions, so you cannot run an operationally intensive business. I hope that means they will be able to reduce commissions even further. On the other hand, that means you might have to contact them more than once to get things setup properly, which can be frustrating. also, be careful on their commission statement, as they do make errors. if you can take responsibility for paying attention to the details and don't mind having to make a few queries, then it is a good option. once you get everything setup properly, things go smoothly. At least their customer service is very professional, so I don't mind a few growing pains.

#24     Mar 13, 2015
    VPhantom likes this.
  5. cheers ballsofgold - much appreciated ! i will make contact with them

#25     Mar 13, 2015
  6. any recent reviews on AMP ?Happy ??
    people using their free TT service ?

#26     Jun 5, 2015
  7. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

#27     Jun 9, 2015
  8. zlmtb

zlmtb

AMP SUCKS - I just closed my account there. They charged me for two extra months of platform subscription fee and one extra month of CME data fee. They are not to be trusted! During 2014 they repeatedly charged me for my CME data feed despite the fact that I had completed a data fee waiver. I had to fight them to refund the money each time they incorrectly charged me. Now that I have closed my account they decided to swipe $115 from me on my way out the door. Check out Stage 5 Trading if you want a futures broker with scruples.

#28     Jun 15, 2015
  9. J.P.

J.P.

That's disconcerting considering I was about to open an account with AMP. Thank you for this post.

#29     Jun 16, 2015
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Any monthly fees charged are from the CME...100% NO benefit to AMP.

AMP does not charge any monthly inactivity fees or any other monthly account fees.

These CME fees make us just as frustrated, especially when reading a review like this, where the blame is being placed on AMP.

#30     Jun 16, 2015