Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Hmm, sounds like I need to add that data feed and start watching some of the less liquid spreads then. That is pretty interesting stuff. I will start paying more attention to the whole curve to better find those opportunities.

I'm stopping out on that paper trade I posted for feeder/live cattle. Roughly a 2.5pt loss.

#411     Mar 19, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ 3. Sep/Dec is oversold compared to the front and back of the curve and there is a major support between 5 and 0. Looking to reenter later but perhaps in the back of the curve.:)

#412     Mar 20, 2015
  3. bone

bone

I'm curious as to how all of this moisture will affect North American planting this Spring.

#413     Mar 20, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  4. Good god you've got that right. I feel like it hasn't stopped raining for the past 2 weeks where I live.

#414     Mar 20, 2015
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Here in Europe it has been really dry and warm for 2-3 weeks. March feels like spring so far.

#415     Mar 20, 2015
  6. Been dry in the Iowa/Nebraska are as well. Definitely need some moisture here.

#416     Mar 20, 2015
  7. Grains have been pretty green Friday and today. Not sure if it's because we are getting close to planting, or if it just the dollar coming off substantially. Cattle have been rallying pretty good here, that LEJ/M spread has picked up 50 cents or so from Friday. What are you guys watching today?

#417     Mar 23, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

That correction on LE J/M was too nasty to stay in...LOL

The dollar correction and the lack of moisture for HRW seems the only relevant factors in this little bullishness. All the rest in recent artciles seems like "after-the-fact" explanation...

#418     Mar 23, 2015
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have just created a comparative chart of all traded wheats in the world( same currency, same quantity ) and it seems australian wheat( NSW on Sydney futures exchange ) is quite expensive compared to the rest... Does it make sense? Do you know the reason?

#419     Mar 23, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  10. I have a buddy that works for a physical grain trading operation, I just sent him a text to see if he has any insight. I tried googling a little but was pretty unsuccessful. How significant of a price difference is it? The stats I found said they export about 80% of their wheat

#420     Mar 23, 2015