Advanced Trading Psychology Websites/Blogs

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by rajesheck, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Hey

Thanks for your curious question :)

I had one year professional coaching in "Transformative Education" & "Ontology" (the mother of human psychology) from an internationally acclaimed American educational firm.

Feel free to read my blog on transformative education : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/transformative-education-rajesh-m-r

#11     Feb 22, 2016
  2. Xela

Xela

Is this first, rather strange site your own blog, by any chance?

I can't help wondering whether the underlying motivation behind the thread is that you wanted a backlink from an "authority site". That's psychology too, I suppose ...

#12     Feb 22, 2016
  3. Redneck

Redneck

On one hand: I respect psychology... I respect what it can do for someone..., how it can completely transform a person

Did me

On the other hand: I think you have no business trying to associate yourself with some of the best trading psychologists in the business

You're posted credentials are woefully lacking to benefit traders / address the trading arena's peculiarities - imho of course

Just callin it like I see it

RN

#13     Feb 22, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  4. Ontology is root of psychology, though ontologists are not good psychologists.

"Trading psychology" is different from psychological issues faced by traders while trading.

Trading psychology is ontological perspective of "I am trader" as a "way of being". Ontological perspectives are used to develop abilities in specific areas of interests.

The root of psychological problems in trading is lack of creating ontological perspective that "I am trader".

Ontology is an very ancient science of developing abilities through "way of being".

Psychologists cannot help traders to trade effectively. Only a professional trader can coach people who are passionate about trading.

"Advanced trading psychology" actually is an ontological perspective, not psychology as such.

Mark Douglas talks both psychological aspects like fear and also talks about the trading abilities like understanding the nature of trading patterns and edge in trading strategy. He gives a hybrid blend of psychological counceling and abilities building which is ontological.

Thats why link to his website is above all other psychology based sites.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    #14     Mar 3, 2016
  5. Xela

Xela

You really should share this astounding insight with all the financial trading institutions who imagine that they've been benefitting so much, over so many decades, by employing psychologists among their professional training staff: you could save them a fortune in salary payments alone.

#15     Mar 3, 2016
  6. Trading Knowledge VS Trading Skillset

Unlike knowledge, skillset is a phenomenon.

For example swimming skillset is a phenomenon.

Swimming knowledge is different from swimming skillset.

A person with only swimming knowledge, without swimming skillset, is not supposed to jump into water with the expectation of floating.

Similarly a person with only trading knowledge, without trading skillset, is not supposed to jump into trading with the expectation of making profits.

The level of skillset that a person can develop is proportionate to his level of passion and perspiration.

We can achieve any skillset provided we have genuine passion & dedication to learn it.

Interest in earning money through trading is different from passion for trading.

One has to analyse his own real intention in trading, whether he is involved in trading just for making shortcut money or for the love of trading.

Because genuine interest/passion in trading alone can give us success in trading.

There are two kinds of genuine traders.
    1. Those who have natural trading skillset
    2. Those who developed trading skillset out of sheer passion for trading

Now, how to develop genuine trading skillset?
    First, we have to keep asking ourselves if we have genuine interest/passion for trading. Next we have to put our heart and soul in developing trading skillset.

How can we know that we have genuine interest/passion for trading?
    When we realise that our failures in trading does not have the power to kill our enthusiasm to learn trading, then its a symptom of genuine passion.

When do we know that we acquired trading skillset?
    The one and only proof is when we consistently started earning considerable amount of money in trading. (minimum ROI/month of 10% for a positional trader and 20% for intraday trader)

#17     Mar 20, 2016
  7. zdreg

zdreg

too many times it is the last line that makes a post dubious etc. if you make 20% month you would be doubling your capital every 3 months.
    it is unlikely.

#18     Mar 21, 2016
  8. 1% ROI per day will yield 22% in 20 trading days of a month (when reinvested).

#19     Mar 21, 2016
  9. zdreg

zdreg

your statement while true doesn't change reality. find me traders who make 1% per day for a year.

#20     Mar 21, 2016