A Child's Adventure into Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by murphmack, Nov 30, 2014.

1. #41     Jan 6, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  2. The CL spread looks like it is doing quite well for you. I have made quick trades on it a few times since we last discussed, but haven't held anything for more than an hour or two.

#42     Jan 6, 2015
  3. Yeah. It was acting as a very good hedge for everything else that was kind of bogging me down haha.

I just closed it at $4.11 after it started to sell extremely hard for some reason. If it looks like its just going to be a dip, I will re buy for more than I initially had.

#43     Jan 6, 2015
  4. Yeah, that sounds like a good call. You can always wait and reenter again like you said. I made a few stupid trades, so trying to do more paper trading now and follow along with how things are actually moving and testing some new ideas. You work in oil, right?

#44     Jan 6, 2015
  5. Yeah FCX, sorry for the delayed response haha. I do work in the drilling side of the industry, I'm an MWD Hand (Measurements While Drilling).

I ended up re-entering that -Jun/+Dec, its turning out again to be my best trade lol.

Updated the blog guys: go check it out!

http://naturalfinancial.com

#45     Jan 13, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  6. Yeah lol, I definitely missed a good one on that CL spread. I still made some money on it, but was going the wrong direction and not nearly a long enough time frame anyways. Not sure how much wider it will get but it sure is moving well so far.

#46     Jan 14, 2015
  7. Yikes, that spread is getting pretty volatile. I was away from screen for a while and came back, it was completely crushed.

I also sold my BBRY a few days ago, and kaboom Samsung takeover bid today. Hahahaha

#47     Jan 14, 2015
  8. #48     Jan 25, 2015
  9. I pretty much abandoned the blog, I felt like it was too much work to keep it going.

Just wanted to drop in and say I am still alive.

My style of trading is evolving, I'm not exclusively sticking to Futures really (haven't done a futures trade for a while now). I'm only trading what I see and what feels good to me / falls in my lap. I think intuitively I am better at ETF's and stocks which is what I have been dabbling for the past little while (on margin, of course).

Learned some big lessons from position sizing during my time with Futures, and those lessons have stuck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    #49     Jun 1, 2015
  10. Update: Still grinding away. Caught a nice move in XBI and traded in and out of a few other equities.

Might look at getting back into futures if I can expand capital base a little further.

127%

[​IMG]

#50     Jun 25, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.